Main Menu

Nintendo Switch

Started by radiator, 20 October, 2016, 04:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiator

I kickstarted that too. Looking forward to playing Ikaruga with it.

Keef Monkey

The more I was playing the Switch handheld the more my hands were cramping up and getting sore, which I think it probably a side effect of having stupid big hands. Got one of these and it's fantastic, now feels like holding an Xbox controller with a screen on it, which is the best case scenario for me - https://satisfye.com/products/switch-grip-pro

I did get struck with customs tax on it however, which is always the gamble you take with these things I guess.

Got the elite controller for docked sessions too and it's brilliant, very comfortable. All of this because I desperately wanted to play the new No More Heroes, worth it though!

Link Prime

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 27 January, 2019, 10:50:00 AM
You buggers could have warned me...

Welcome aboard kid.

As mentioned, you can't really go wrong with a Nintendo AAA release like Mario, Zelda, Smash Bros or Mario Kart, but the top Switch recommendation from me is Farm / Charm simulator Stardew Valley.
Available on the eShop for a few quid, it's a quality all ages game.

Art

After a couple of weeks of Fitness Boxing I think I might have... biceps? very rudimentary ones? Some kind of weird arm lump that wasn't there before.

GrudgeJohnDeed

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 28 January, 2019, 02:51:45 PM
But happy that WARGROOVE (Advance Wars but with dragons) is out on 1st Feb. Advance Wars ruined my life! In a good way.

Oooh thanks for the heads up I'll keep an eye on that. Massive Advance Wars fan myself, even played some of the ones on Gameboy and NES (Gameboy Wars and Famicon Wars respectively). I've been battering the DS versions again before bed recently, I just finished a Hard Campaign on Dual Strike and now I'm polishing off the challenge maps on Days of Ruin! Days of Ruin is definitely the weakest of the modern era but still, close enough :D

The Enigmatic Dr X

Bayonetta 2 plus download of first is £30 in Argos.
Lock up your spoons!

radiator

I really wanted to love Advance Wars, but it just stresses me out. I just don't think I have the right kind of brain for strategy games.

Keef Monkey

Quote from: radiator on 01 February, 2019, 05:38:40 PM
I really wanted to love Advance Wars, but it just stresses me out. I just don't think I have the right kind of brain for strategy games.

I feel the same, but got really into Into The Breach, so that might be worth a try. It plays like a tactics game but it solves a lot of the problems I've had with those - mainly the fact that I can never seem to predict what the enemies are going to do on their turn and fail at planning ahead. In Into The Breach the enemies next moves are telegraphed, you know exactly what they're going to do and the gameplay is more about moving them around and keeping them under control to minimize the damage those moves will cause.

As someone who has never gotten into that style of game I found it utterly engrossing and massively addictive! Plus setup-wise it's like Pacific Rim The Videogame so what's not to love.

Apestrife

Apperantly Commander Keen: Dreams is out on Switch  :o

Quite a surprise. Really hope 4-6 and follows. Especially 5. Game's a gem.

radiator

Nintendo Direct is streaming any minute now. Should be some pretty cool announcements.

radiator

Hmmm. Slightly underwhelming. As usual, quite a lot of emphasis on fairly esoteric JRPG type stuff (I'm not fussed about Fire Emblem, sorry!) and announcements of DLC for games I don't really care about (Starlink, Smash Bros and Captain Toad Treasure Tracker)...

Main highlights were:

Zelda: Link's Awakening (the old Game Boy title) is getting a full remake, and it looks ace. Out this year, I imagine towards Christmas.

Super Mario Maker 2 is coming out in June.

There's a free (to Nintendo online subscribers) 99 player Tetris game out right now.

Final Fantasy 9 is out today, with 7 following next month.

Daemon X Machina demo is out today, but the game itself sounds like its still a ways off.

Yoshi's Crafted World looks quite good.

James Stacey

how can you be underwhelmed with the highlights you noted. I'm stoked.

JamesC

Link's Awakening is one of the very best Zelda games so hopefully this remake will do it justice. It looks very pretty, I just hope they don't shoehorn silly motion controls.

radiator

Quote from: James Stacey on 14 February, 2019, 10:37:39 AM
how can you be underwhelmed with the highlights you noted. I'm stoked.

It's mostly my own fault - I think it's because of the rumours/leaks that swirl round before one of these directs. Nintendo themselves heavily hinted that there'd be an announcement of a brand new, previously unannounced game, and many recent rumours have pointed to a Metroid Prime Trilogy and a secret Star Fox game (both of which are apparently nearly ready for release), neither of which were mentioned yesterday. There were also no updates about Luigi's Mansion 3.

I was also hoping for some more genuine surprises and news about more third party games/ports - the ones that were announced (Assassin's Creed 3 etc) didn't really do anything for me.

Hopefully there will be another Nindies direct in the next few weeks.

radiator

Tetris 99 is really fun, though. It's really cool that they're actually putting some thought into their online service and offering these cool little bonuses.