Main Menu

Hi

Started by PEO, 13 July, 2012, 01:31:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darnmarr

Hello PEO,
"I reckon 'drock'  looks more like a real word than 'drokk' and have written several strongly-worded letters about this: I really ought to send them somewhere.

Charlie boy

GordyM

Check out my new comic Supermom: Expecting Trouble and see how a pregnant superhero tries to deal with the fact that the baby's father is her archnemesis. Free preview pack including 12 pages of art: http://www.mediafire.com/file/57986rnlgk0itfz/Supermom_Preview_Pack.pdf/file

8-Ball

Quote from: PEO on 13 July, 2012, 01:31:50 PM
Hi, i've never been one for forums or computers really but i registered with 2000ad online in 2010 and promptly made a fool out of myself by spelling Drokk as Drock and have been too embarassed to return after such a mistake. I didn't introduce myself either and just made a few posts before my epic fail so i appologise for that. Another reason i haven't returned is that i haven't felt worthy because i stopped reading 2000ad in the mid nineties after leaving home ( big mistake, as when it went pearshaped i returned home to find all my saved weekly and monthly progs from the early eighties to mid nineties had been thrown out). I wont pretend i know whats been happening in my absence as but i can comment on what i know of the early years, if thats ok?

You seem to have the same life story as me. I'm a new old-timer as well. Greetings.
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

Judge MANSON

Welcome back from your run into the Cursed Earth!!

For myself, I have not had the opportunity to buy 2000 AD when I was young: in these years, in France, US comic books were so expensive and none were coming from the UK.

I was Blessed By The Glorious Light Of The Mighty Tharg when I have had the luck and the huge joy to subscribe to my favorite comic magazine ever!!!

I want to thank here the Droid Denise, who has helped me to realize my dream!!! Thank you very much Denise!!!

My true first issue was with the Prog 1606, and since, I am buying old issues and I am still a subscriber to the two Greatest Comic magazines ever!!!

For the missing informations, this forum and the database are perfect references.

See you in the streets. Perps are meeting. I need to do a new painting on my Lawstick...
Respect the Law, Citizen! Rebel and you will pray Mercy to my gun!

vzzbux

It's DROKK You muppet, DROKK.

Just kidding, welcome and enjoy. Mispellings can end up in the prog or stuck in our community as norm, we're looking at you CL2K.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

QuickQuag

Hi PEO!

I think our stories are similar (I'm a mid-90s abandoner, myself), although I never lost any old progs and in fact spent both my non-regular periods quietly accuring back issues from any second hand shops and fairs I could find. So now I have a storage issue, and I'm still not up to date!

I do recommend the trades though - we're really spoiled for back catalogue stuff and new stuff at the moment.
The views above are entirely my own. And there's the problem.

The Sherman Kid

Hi PEO, sorry to hear about losing your job, it's happened to me before, thankfully in the distant past, so I know how shit it can be.I've upgraded my collection and have hundreds of high quality duplicates ,including the Megazine and you know what you can have them for nothing. I'll be glad enough they've gone to a good home.I live nr Blackpool but travel around a lot -I'll send you a PM  to arrange a drop off.

Welcome back.

PEO

Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 14 August, 2012, 07:36:02 PM
Hi PEO, sorry to hear about losing your job, it's happened to me before, thankfully in the distant past, so I know how shit it can be.I've upgraded my collection and have hundreds of high quality duplicates ,including the Megazine and you know what you can have them for nothing. I'll be glad enough they've gone to a good home.I live nr Blackpool but travel around a lot -I'll send you a PM  to arrange a drop off.

Welcome back.
Eh up, I got your PM mate and have replied, thanks a lot.

PEO

Quote from: QuickQuag on 11 August, 2012, 11:31:32 AM
Hi PEO!

I think our stories are similar (I'm a mid-90s abandoner, myself), although I never lost any old progs and in fact spent both my non-regular periods quietly accuring back issues from any second hand shops and fairs I could find. So now I have a storage issue, and I'm still not up to date!

I do recommend the trades though - we're really spoiled for back catalogue stuff and new stuff at the moment.
Guard your progs with your life because relationships come and go but losing all that nostalgia will hurt like nothing else!

PEO

Quote from: vzzbux on 11 August, 2012, 08:43:32 AM
It's DROKK You muppet, DROKK.

Just kidding, welcome and enjoy. Mispellings can end up in the prog or stuck in our community as norm, we're looking at you CL2K.

V
Thanks for reminding me, gggrrreat days.

PEO

Quote from: darnmarr on 26 July, 2012, 11:47:26 AM
Hello PEO,
"I reckon 'drock'  looks more like a real word than 'drokk' and have written several strongly-worded letters about this: I really ought to send them somewhere.
Nice one, gonna have to be a gag theif and add that to my repertoir!

maryanddavid

Hello Peo and nice one Sherman.

COMMANDO FORCES

I saw an old picture of Dredd on Facebook yesterday and he said 'Drekk'  :o

adogg4629

I've been posing in the IMDB forums for the film for awhile, but was playing catch up with the progs and was deftly avoiding spoilers.  But am now (thanks to iTunes and digital copies) caught up (well, about half a dozen progs behind, but finished DOC-might I say WOW). Looking forward to taking part in the community here.