Main Menu

Missing 'Daily Star' Dredd episodes - can you help?

Started by Molch-R, 07 May, 2014, 02:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glassstanley

glassstanley

School For High Flyers & Bill Halley's Comet were reprinted in the Judge Dredd Annual 1988.

Leigh S

ooh! I actually think I might ahve one - what an idiot... let me check (face the Judge part 2, fact fans...)

edit/... the loft beckons - might not get there til Wednesday, but I may be able to fill at least one blank... Stalring Black Label rings a bell too, but cant be 100% sure..... only from the Start itself, rather thhan the original, but think they are pretty deccent shape

Leigh S

Quote from: glassstanley on 09 June, 2014, 08:22:36 PM
School For High Flyers & Bill Halley's Comet were reprinted in the Judge Dredd Annual 1988.

As was photo finish and a glob too far I believe...need to find my master list again with all the reprint details!

Barney confirms the 4 above...

Max Headroom

Just checked on Barney and it says that the strip for 26th November 1983 is called 'Emotion Machine' and was featured in both the Daily Star Collection 3 and the Mega Collection. Facebook posting said that there was no title or microfilm in the British Library for this date and it was one of the missing ones. Unless that's a mix-up...?

Rogue Earthlet

Quote from: Molch-R on 07 May, 2014, 02:36:13 PM
The droids are currently putting together the first book of 'Daily Star' Judge Dredd strips and have scoured archives across the globe (true story). But some of the strips still remain MIA! Do you have high resolution scans or good quality originals of these strips, Earthlets? If so, Tharg the Mighty would love to hear from you!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152048374466366.1073741828.146588986365&type=1

I've just joined here, but I'm a long time squax, and I have some old Dredd strips from the Daily Star, used to buy it just for Dredd. I've got two Face the Judge strips, including the one you feature on Facebook, and the tourist one, with the little four eyed alien, and several others. Could this be of help?

Rogue Earthlet

Quote from: Rogue Earthlet on 30 June, 2014, 01:49:23 AM
Quote from: Molch-R on 07 May, 2014, 02:36:13 PM
The droids are currently putting together the first book of 'Daily Star' Judge Dredd strips and have scoured archives across the globe (true story). But some of the strips still remain MIA! Do you have high resolution scans or good quality originals of these strips, Earthlets? If so, Tharg the Mighty would love to hear from you!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152048374466366.1073741828.146588986365&type=1

I've just joined here, but I'm a long time squax, and I have some old Dredd strips from the Daily Star, used to buy it just for Dredd. I've got two Face the Judge strips, including the one you feature on Facebook, and the tourist one, with the little four eyed alien, and several others. Could this be of help?

Just checked, and I have several on your missing list.

Bolt-01

Excellent news. I'm sure Molch-R will be in touch shortly. And welcome.

Bat King

Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Rogue Earthlet

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 30 June, 2014, 07:18:11 AM
Excellent news. I'm sure Molch-R will be in touch shortly. And welcome.

Thanks for the welcome! But no word from Molch-R yet, maybe they've already got them.

IndigoPrime

Molch-R

Quote from: Rogue Earthlet on 03 July, 2014, 01:36:56 AM
Thanks for the welcome! But no word from Molch-R yet, maybe they've already got them.

Ah, only just seen this - as you'll see from IndigoPrime's link, we have only four left to find for Volume 1 so if you have any of those then please drop a line to marketing@2000adonline.com

Rogue Earthlet

Quote from: Molch-R on 03 July, 2014, 10:06:57 AM
Quote from: Rogue Earthlet on 03 July, 2014, 01:36:56 AM

Ah, only just seen this - as you'll see from IndigoPrime's link, we have only four left to find for Volume 1 so if you have any of those then please drop a line to marketing@2000adonline.com

Gruddammit, I haven't got those four. Sorry.

Max Headroom

Just looking into the missing four strips and I think a couple of the dates posted widely may be wrong: I have a strong feeling that 'Manta Tank' is 17th December 1983 and not 10th Dec 83; and I suspect 'Baffin Island' may not be 17th September 1983 and is possibly 1st October 83.

I think this is worth double-checking to be absolutely sure and may help in the process of tracking them down

glassstanley

I can confirm that the dates originally posted widely are correct, having checked them against the British Library's Daily Star micro-fiche collection.