Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 15 December, 2018, 11:17:05 PM
Funt, no, I mean fundamentally, not ideologically. As you say yourself, it's the "authorities" stopping me, the state. And it does so using superhuman rights it bestows upon itself, which are, at core, illusory. The fact that the illusion is so widely accepted as reality is what leads to their power. If people stopped believing in the illusion it would have no power. I've already said that legality, stemming from legislation, is the simulacrum of Law, that the authorities write down whatever they want and pretend it's Law. Law never changes, thou shalt not kill being as true today as it was thousands of years ago, but legality changes all the time - one of the best examples being prohibition in the U.S. Government says alcohol is legal, then it says it's illegal, then it says it's legal again when, Lawfully, drinking alcohol has been permissible since it was first discovered. Even elephants and wasps get pissed. As a general rule of thumb, if it's natural it's Lawful. Fundamentally, then, I don't need a passport - it's the ideology of statists that says I do, and the ideology of statists that prevents me from travelling without one.

TL;DR.  You're wall-of-texting the fuck out of me, here.  Basically, you abuse the English language by applying new (& false) meanings to existing words.  It's impossible to have a coherent debate with you.  You're the illusion.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Legendary Shark

Sniddleprang rolk lurgerfrink lufko!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 16 December, 2018, 06:07:11 AM

Hmmm. Much as I like the word 'sniddleprang*', it's things like this that make people think you're trolling rather than debating.

*I had a Thai girlfriend called Prang, so maybe I'm just being nostalgic.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Frank

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 16 December, 2018, 12:45:50 AM
Quote from: Frank on 15 December, 2018, 11:57:44 PM
How high up the chain you outline do we have to go before these organisations cease being communities electing representatives to carry out their will and become The State, oppressing the people and laying claim to rights they don't have?

... until you get to the first person who believes he or she has the right to give you orders

The check-in clerk at Terminal 2 isn't on a power trip

You fundamentally disagree with her asking you to show a valid passport, yet you respect her counterpart's right to order you away from Alton Towers unless you bung her a few quid?

The Legendary Shark

I'm sorry.

I was just trying to lighten the mood. I know I bang on about this stuff and can be verbose but that's because the questions I get here are challenging and I feel I need to give detailed answers - answers I'm generally formulating as I write based on my own knowledge and beliefs.

People grow tired of this, I get that (I'm as bored and frustrated by all the Brexit talk as everyone else is about my posts), so when I think people have had enough I think it's best to bow out on a lighter note rather than keep going.

Once again, I am sorry for misjudging my last post. It would do me no good to start a slanging match - a lesson it's taken me a while to learn - because we all have our perspectives but we're all in the same shit and we either swim together or sink together.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

I want to hear more about Jayzus sniddling Prang. It's been too long since bumsex girl and the charity shop fumbles, as a boring monogamist I need to live vicariously through the grubby people I meet on the internet. You know who you are.

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: Frank on 16 December, 2018, 02:46:52 PM

The check-in clerk at Terminal 2 isn't on a power trip

You fundamentally disagree with her asking you to show a valid passport, yet you respect her counterpart's right to order you away from Alton Towers unless you bung her a few quid?

I think we're conflating the way things are with the way I think things could be, reality with philosophy, if you will.

The main point is to think about the nature of state power and whether it's valid or not. Criticising check-in clerks for operating under current conditions does me no good whatsoever - just because the clerk doesn't see the world as I do doesn't justify an outpouring of my wrath or scorn.

There are thousands of rabbit holes to dive into once we get into the minutiae and few of them lead to satisfactory outcomes - the so-called "truth" community is particularly prone to rabbitholeitus, countless people down countless rabbit holes all screaming at each other that their rabbit hole is the right one and all the others are invalid. It's counterproductive and even dangerous.

Can we back up and discuss the nature of state power? Do you think it's right that some human beings, through birth, wealth, strength or popularity, assume rights the rest of us don't have? Do you even think they do this to begin with? If these illusory powers, as I call them, do exist, are they, as I contend, a bad thing?

Let's see if we can come to some agreement, or not, on this basic premise before picking apart what it means and whether there are alternatives.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Frank

sheridan

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 16 December, 2018, 02:08:19 PM

And was Prang sniddly?  And did you ever witness her lurgerfrinking Lufko?

Funt Solo

Quote from: sheridan on 16 December, 2018, 03:46:06 PM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 16 December, 2018, 02:08:19 PM

And was Prang sniddly?  And did you ever witness her lurgerfrinking Lufko?

I assume it was Prang lurgerfrinking Lufko that lead to the breakup.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

JamesC

JayzusB.Christ

She was sniddly enough, I suppose, yes. I hope Lufko is happy.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Funt Solo

I noticed on the news that the evil Europeans have forced Theresa May (who they have locked in the Black Tower of Brussels) to give up Northern Ireland, build a floating fence in the Irish Sea and also postpone her crucial vote until after Yuletide.

The Loony Left Corbynites threatened to usurp the throne unless they got a new date on which to vote.  Why they believe they'll get a vote on a set date (given what happened last week) is a mystery.  All that is clear is that they shouldn't be trusted because of their shabby, disheveled appearance.

Meanwhile, Tony Blair, speaking (loudly because he's forgotten to turn on his hearing aid) from his retirement community, suggested that there should be a new referendum where the people get to decide.

Opinions are divided on a new referendum but can be neatly summed up into these three options:

• It would cause civil war!
  • It would cause a never-ending cycle of referendums.
  • It would allow us to remain in the EU, but slightly abashed.
  • It would have to be best of three if Remain won.
  • No deal (despite all expert evidence to the contrary) will be better than anything else in the world ever.

Oh dear, five is right out...
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Professor Bear

I assume "Retirement Community" is the name of Tony Blair's yacht located atop the waves of a lake filled with the blood of Iraqis.

Funt Solo

When he got that job as a peace envoy my metaphorical tea splattered all over humanity and my spirit was squashed forever.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++