Main Menu

Upcoming Steam Sale.... what are people waiting for?

Started by bluemeanie, 13 June, 2014, 02:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

J.Smith

Ah, I see they've upped their card collecting nonsense from last year with a game in which you can potentially win prizes. Any of you who buy something like a hundred billion games over the course of the sale like some lunatic on my friends list may find this an interesting read from last year:

http://www.psychologyofgames.com/2013/07/the-psychology-behind-steams-summer-sale/

They're smart bastards, that Valve.

bluemeanie

Already caved with one purchase.... Far Cry : Blood Dragon. Pretty chuffed with that for £2.99

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: bluemeanie on 19 June, 2014, 09:50:33 PM
Already caved with one purchase.... Far Cry : Blood Dragon. Pretty chuffed with that for £2.99

I think I payed more that game. (Which brings to mind......is there log kept on STEAM of what you/I payed for game when I purchased it. That would be interesting to have and look back on.)

I only played it for a little while and then quite. I recall it had a complicated process that required me to registered a account with the website belonging to one of the developer or publishing of the game.

Aside from putting up with the same nonsense anytime I play a MORPG. I also need to do this for other games such as From-Dust (If I remember correctly.) and Demi-God (A interesting game similar to DOTA.)

I just hate having to register accounts to play many different games. Its going to be another username and password I need to remember. As of earlier this year, one of two of the computers I was using, a laptop where I had kept Word-Pad log of every Username/Password I ever made. I shut down and could'nt be restarted due to corrupted hard-drive. After eventually getting the hard-drive replaced, I have never been able to recover that Word-Pad log.

So, now I have taken to resetting all my passwords l can recall in a small paper (real-World) Note-Book. it something I just started doing over a few days ago. I believe I have all the important ones, now. Yet, there are still plenty more to log. For awhile there I was just keeping most of them in my head. Even that was too much of toll on my memory (A lot of them need to be reset over and over again, because I just kept forgetting them.) and I finally decided to rerecord them in a real book.

bluemeanie

Failed badly today with two purchases....
Octodad, which just looks loads of fun and Euro Truck Simulator 2 as guys in work raving about it and every review says it's way more fun than it should be. So as it was only £2, sod it.

So a tenner of my £50 birthday vouchers spent, three games got.

This obviously before 6 tonight when ALL NEW stuff goes on sale  :/

The Doctor Alt 8

Hmmm Might have a stab at getting Boishock IF I get to my friends with the internet connection on time.

And any nifty Mods for Skyrim, of course.

bluemeanie

Yeah, I'm keeping an eye out for the skyrim DLC as well as the the two Batman Arkham Origins ones

As for skyrim mods, http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/
but sure you knew that anyway

The Enigmatic Dr X

Must... resist... Walking Dead 2.

Must... resist... Prison Architect. It's pre-release, for goodness sake.
Lock up your spoons!

J.Smith

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 20 June, 2014, 06:52:38 PM

Like the first game, I'm holding out on that until all five episodes are released. Though to all in this thread who have played The Walking Dead are looking for a similar episodic game, I'd highly recommend checking out Kentucky Route Zero which, with only three acts of five released so far and two (free) interval chapters, already has the makings of a masterpiece amongst video games.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: J.Smith on 20 June, 2014, 07:30:43 PM
Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 20 June, 2014, 06:52:38 PM

Like the first game, I'm holding out on that until all five episodes are released. Though to all in this thread who have played The Walking Dead are looking for a similar episodic game, I'd highly recommend checking out Kentucky Route Zero which, with only three acts of five released so far and two (free) interval chapters, already has the makings of a masterpiece amongst video games.

I'm hanging on for the inevitable Humble Bundle, TBH. Picked up the first one and Back to the Future that way
Lock up your spoons!

bluemeanie

Been told the Fables one is amazing too. Read the first five or six graphic novels as the wife bought them and they were brilliant. I'm hoping the game turns up cheap. Wolf Among Us I think.

Oh, and played a bit of Octodad. Fucking mental but fun.
Also done about half hour of Blood Dragon which is cool but I'm kinda smarting about having to sign up and play through UPlay when I bought it on Steam.

NapalmKev

Quote from: bluemeanie on 21 June, 2014, 12:07:16 AM
Been told the Fables one is amazing too. Read the first five or six graphic novels as the wife bought them and they were brilliant. I'm hoping the game turns up cheap. Wolf Among Us I think.

'Wolf Among Us' is a great, it's only slightly let down by Episode 2 which I found a bit dull but overall It's a very good game.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: bluemeanie on 20 June, 2014, 03:20:34 PM
Failed badly today with two purchases....
Octodad, which just looks loads of fun and Euro Truck Simulator 2 as guys in work raving about it and every review says it's way more fun than it should be. So as it was only £2, sod it.

So a tenner of my £50 birthday vouchers spent, three games got.

This obviously before 6 tonight when ALL NEW stuff goes on sale  :/

I have Octo-Dad didn't get very far into it before giving up on it. Looks like it requires a bit more  patience than I was prepared to give last time I tried it.

Euro-Truck-Simulator. I though this sounded dull at first, but might fork out for it some time in the future if it's on sale.

One of the two original friends I have on Steam. A old school friend has been watching game-play videos on it and was seriously considering it.

Must be complex controlling some thing as big a s a truck with eighteen gears.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: The Doctor Alt 8 on 20 June, 2014, 03:54:04 PM
Hmmm Might have a stab at getting Boishock IF I get to my friends with the internet connection on time.

And any nifty Mods for Skyrim, of course.

Dad got me this for a Xmas present back in 2009 or 20010 and I think I got most of the way through it before it started to freeze on me.

I might check if the STEAM version fares any better sometime.

If you like survival games and that scenario where you have crashed somewhere in the ocean near one of the above water entrances to a distopian underwater city with the 1960's french art-decor or maybe you just like games that involved being crashed anywhere.

I suggest you try the The Forest. It's seems very promising, despite being unfinished.

I my version, I couldn't chop down any large trees and there fore could get any logs of wood to for making the larger shelter's and traps.  I played it four and five times.....at first getting killed through my own ineptness and unfamiliarity with the game and then once I had most of it sussed. Because it does need more work.