Main Menu

Judge Dredd Megazine 341

Started by IronGraham, 13 October, 2013, 11:38:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Stacey

Quote from: Mabs on 07 November, 2013, 01:04:25 PM
Proudhuff, do you hold the record number of letters sent/ published in the Meg? I'm just reading through the back issues and you seem to have a letter published each month! Not that I'm complaining as I quite enjoy reading 'em!  :lol:
What we need is some sort of 'beast' of a database to tell us. Where's Butt'man when you need him ?

Dark Jimbo

He must be nearly rivalling Floyd Kermode these days...
@jamesfeistdraws

Proudhuff

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 07 November, 2013, 01:33:48 PM
He must be nearly rivalling Floyd Kermode these days...

nope far from it unfortunately, Buttman is a higher scorer too

Its all here; http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php?topic=36119.0
28 eye bleeding pages
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

'Rat farts, it's Tom Proudfoot now. Looks like we picked a bad week to reignite the Beast's boilers. Tom scores the longest letter of the issue with a full 6 inches of mirthless drivel. Still size isn't everything as we regularly tell our wife, it's what you do with it that matters. What does Tom do with his? Well that's for the courts to decide. As for his letter where to begin? Nowhere? No we have to be fair and go through it and point out every bit of style, wit and insight...

Tom is 21 today in letters terms. His actual age is not known as the records were destroyed in a Zeppelin attack. He first bothered this particular Beast back in 1983 with a Prog 309 effort. After a childlike drawing in Prog 427 he's been like a pesky gnat over the years with at least 3 published in each year since 2008. This is his second score (in letters terms, he is from Em'bra after all) of 2012 and he's on course to at least match 2011's 4.

We round off on a high with 'Mr Letters' Stephen Watson of Paisley who once again breaks the world record, moving the ceiling to 83 and a lead of two over Crocodile Dunwriting. This makes it a pair for 2012 for Watson and he'll need to move some to break last year's tally of 11. He now has 45 Meg letters to his credit (a record) and 38 in the Prog (not a record). 1999 was the last year we failed to see Mr Watson and at this rate the Knighthood must be a formality.

Watson has a reputation for saying it like it is and this must have gained the respect of the editor who is happy to publish all of the eloquent brickbats which are offered. "Bit Cold" - WHACK, "Old Hat" - SMASH, "Filed under 'Forget'" - KA-POW!. He does add some crème fraiche to the turd pudding by saying the Mark Millar interview was OK before giving a lurid snap shot of his mind's eye as he goes into graphic detail about his Mr Tumnus fixation'
Says it all really.
DDT did a job on me

Mabs

:lol:

I like Proudhuff's letters, B'man! Keep 'em coming I say!
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Proudhuff

Quote from: Mabs on 07 November, 2013, 08:12:49 PM
:lol:

I like Proudhuff's letters, B'man! Keep 'em coming I say!

Given my lack of success hitting the target recently i fear Tharg's minnons have me blacklisted!  :-X
DDT did a job on me

Mabs

My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

DrJomster

Still catching up on my Megs thanks to cruel RL... But, Lordy me, that was good! Meg beats Prog shocker! Last month's Meg was strong too! Great work, folks!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.