Main Menu

Meg 349: Psi-Crimes!

Started by IndigoPrime, 14 June, 2014, 01:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mabs

Quote from: johnfreeman on 18 June, 2014, 10:00:23 AM
Sorry the "Judge Karyn" stories didn't float your boat. Unlike "Skinner" (which was re-published in 348), that was to have been drawn by Kevin Cullen and written with his art style in mind, "Concrete Sky" was always going to be drawn by Adrian Salmon. Personally, I think it's the best of the small amount of stuff I did for the Megazine, but reading it now I can see things that I would, I hope, have done better.

"Cabal", also drawn by Adrian and coloured by Pete Smith, was originally intended as a longer story, I came across the plotlines this morning. But I was diverted to writing scripts for the short-lived Judge Dredd Adventures (none of which were published, I think), so it never happened. I imagine some of you above are sighing with relief, but I still appreciated the brief experience of writing for the Dredd universe at the time.

I just finished reading the floppy and I must say I really enjoyed Karyn, John! I loved Adrian Salmon's b&w artwork, his style might not be catered to everyone's tastes, but I certainly enjoyed it. There's a moment in the story which I loved where Karyn and the Judges [spoiler]go underground and discover the vampire's city. It's nothing like what you'd expect, they really are romantics and want to create a city which resembles good old blighty![/spoiler] I wonder what happens to Psi Judge Novell? Do we hear from him again? [spoiler]I'd love to find out how he gets on with his vampire brethrens in the cursed earth![/spoiler] Anyhow, thanks for the story!
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie