Main Menu

Meg351: The Rising

Started by Proudhuff, 16 August, 2014, 11:28:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Fungus on 31 August, 2014, 01:52:34 AM
I tried. Read a few pages, but cringed throughout and with a heavy heart, left it there
(The art was great, very reminiscent of Alan Davis and promised much).
I loved Father Shandor back in the day, but know nothing of the other Moore strips you mentioned.

Ha, well, fair enough. I'm aware I'm in a minority of something like three people in actually seeing something of worth in the strip.  :lol:
@jamesfeistdraws

Dog Deever

I've been Meg and Prog starved for over 2 months due to a fire at my thrill-merchant and the subsequent refurbishment taking so long.
Most of my back-log was intact but I'm missing some Megs, including last months, so I've missed the start of the jump-on. I couldn't wait til I get a back issue, so I just jumped in this issue.
It was great to jump on to it again just when it seems to be firing on all cylinders-

Wagner/ Flint on Dredd, I don't think I really need to say any more on that really.

Lawless art looks really good- I love B&W art with a looser, scratchy sort of look. I didn't realise it was part of Insurrection continuity til someone mentioned Uplifts- now I'm intrigued and looking for more already.

I've missed all 3 episodes of The Man from the Ministry, so I'm slightly lost atm, I'll catch up. The art looks good- nice to see Kev Hopgood back again- the little touches of dotty bits and splattery bits set things off very well. I get the feeling I've missed so much of it I may well always be playing catch-up with it- unless this was an uncommonly fast-paced episode.

I'm glad to see the continuation of the movie Dredd angle in Uprise- the art looks decent, I get the gist of the story, despite not seeing episode 1.

All in all, I've packed some amount of thrill-power in this week and it is zarjaz to be back.

Ooookay, I'll give Valkyries another go, then...

Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Dog Deever on 01 September, 2014, 12:16:16 AM
I've been Meg and Prog starved for over 2 months due to a fire at my thrill-merchant and the subsequent refurbishment taking so long.
Most of my back-log was intact but I'm missing some Megs, including last months, so I've missed the start of the jump-on. I couldn't wait til I get a back issue, so I just jumped in this issue.
It was great to jump on to it again just when it seems to be firing on all cylinders-

Wagner/ Flint on Dredd, I don't think I really need to say any more on that really.

Lawless art looks really good- I love B&W art with a looser, scratchy sort of look. I didn't realise it was part of Insurrection continuity til someone mentioned Uplifts- now I'm intrigued and looking for more already.

I've missed all 3 episodes of The Man from the Ministry, so I'm slightly lost atm, I'll catch up. The art looks good- nice to see Kev Hopgood back again- the little touches of dotty bits and splattery bits set things off very well. I get the feeling I've missed so much of it I may well always be playing catch-up with it- unless this was an uncommonly fast-paced episode.

I'm glad to see the continuation of the movie Dredd angle in Uprise- the art looks decent, I get the gist of the story, despite not seeing episode 1.

All in all, I've packed some amount of thrill-power in this week and it is zarjaz to be back.

Ooookay, I'll give Valkyries another go, then...

If you have recent holes in your collection DD, PM me and I'll send em up to you.
DDT did a job on me