Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jade Falcon

See I'm not really sure what you mean of the IDW run. I own the six Rebellion Rogue trades, 86ers and Extreme Editions Cinnibar. I'm a bit spotty on the rest.

Anyway, only part way through Nikolai Dante book 2 and this is far superior, the humour is a bit more subtle and even characters like Andreas are interesting.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Colin YNWA

Seriously everytime a new volume of the Dante from the Ultimate Collections land so my door matt (still to pick one up in the shops as this time WH Smith is closed in Sheffield (having to move home) and I didn't want to risk it, the world feels a better place.

Christ these books are wonderful!

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 05 February, 2018, 04:37:15 PMSee I'm not really sure what you mean of the IDW run.
I'm talking about this, which was IDW's own and very short-lived take on Rogue Trooper. You may also like the fourth Tales book, which compiles Cinnebar and all the Rennie tales. War Machine is the other take – the start of Fr1day (which also should have been its end).

Jade Falcon

I'm guessing we won't get either of those in the 2000ad collection then?

I thought that first one was just a reprint of an earlier book to be honest with a different cover.  For instance, my Harlem Heroes trade has a different cover from another print edition.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

IndigoPrime

Of those, the IDW content definitely won't be in there, because it's not owned by Rebellion. Some of the other stuff might. It depends on the direction Matt Smith has decided to take with his strip. Is he going for the classic era, more recent stuff, or a mix of the two? We'll find out soon enough. (Personally, I'd like to see a 'best of' the traitor general search arc, Cinnebar, War Machine, and some Rennie Rogue.)

Tomwe

Subs box is here - silver bookends included. They are taller and possibly made of stronger material than the Dredd ones. They certainly will be stronger since the cutouts to the Dredd ones made them almost totally useless.

Also there's a letter about these Decade-Themed Covers Gallery books - there will be four, one for each decade the prog has been running and the first to come with next month's delivery.

You will need to opt out via email or phone if you don't want the book. They cost £14.99.

No indication here if they will be available to non-subscribers, although it says "exclusive subscriber price" so its possible they will simply be more expensive for anyone else who wants one.

Tomwe

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 02 February, 2018, 12:13:50 PM
Iconic cover. My guess is this will include everything up to and including All Hell on the Dix-I Front.
Nearly right, it has all Rogue strips up to Assassination Run.

Tomwe

ABC Warriors Vol 1 goes up to Prog 566 and the wholly ironic panel "There Will Be No More Delays"

bernardsfingers

Quote from: Tomwe on 08 February, 2018, 10:27:44 AM
Also there's a letter about these Decade-Themed Covers Gallery books - there will be four, one for each decade the prog has been running and the first to come with next month's delivery.

You will need to opt out via email or phone if you don't want the book. They cost £14.99.
Any idea if that's £14.99 for all 4 books or £14.99 per single book - as £15 for one 64pg book seems pretty pricey compared to the standard price of an issue.

Arkady

Both odd and rather impressive that we still don't know what Issue 15 will be, given that we know what the following five are.

Lobo Baggins

Subs box is here - silver bookends included.

Hmmm, I haven't had the Robohunter and Nicolai Dante books arrive yet...
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: bernardsfingers on 08 February, 2018, 04:09:14 PM

Any idea if that's £14.99 for all 4 books or £14.99 per single book - as £15 for one 64pg book seems pretty pricey compared to the standard price of an issue.

I'm pretty sure that will be £14.99 per book. I may be missing something but where did you get 64 pages in each from?
Given that each decade would have something like 500 or so issues to choose from... I would expect them to be bigger than that.

Tomwe

Quote from: Arkady on 08 February, 2018, 04:16:28 PM
Both odd and rather impressive that we still don't know what Issue 15 will be, given that we know what the following five are.
wouldn't it be nice to have a proper surprise in there. I feel its due another 'new' book.

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 08 February, 2018, 04:50:40 PM
I'm pretty sure that will be £14.99 per book. I may be missing something but where did you get 64 pages in each from?
Given that each decade would have something like 500 or so issues to choose from... I would expect them to be bigger than that.
Yes for sure on that price - sorry for not being clear in my original post.
Re 64 pages, it says that in the letter too.
Here's a reminder of what it looks like from Steve White's twitter post that spoilt the whole thing.

Mattofthespurs

That does look slim.
Fair enough.
I'm still having it!  :D

sintec

Knew it'd turn up whilst I was away on holiday - back on Monday though so hopefully the parcel should still be waiting for me at the local post office.