Main Menu

Dead Rising

Started by Bico, 13 September, 2006, 06:30:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bico

Anyone played it through yet?
First impressions weren't too great, as it seemed like a warmed-up version of State Of Emergency, but playing it for a bit makes it grow on you.  Graphics aren't as good as you might hope, but that's probably the trade-off for all the onscreen zombie action - the maintainance tunnels are swarming with hundreds of the bastards at any given moment.  It's probably the first 360 game I've actually played and enjoyed thoroughly.
Finally got to finish my first playthrough - shagged the main investigation, so I had to spend all my time chasing down survivors and figuring out how to get the sluggish, tempermental bastards to safety.  Then I was stuck for twelve hours at the end waiting for the chopper, so I spent it mowing down zombies in the park in motorbikes and cars - great fun!  Gave up at 8000 dead.
Some tips would be nice, if anyone could help a brother out...

Is there any trick to killing the convicts in the jeep?
Where's Isabella?
What's the best way of taking out the snipers?
Is there any way to save the people at the very start of the game?

Byron Virgo

Is this some sort of computer game or something? Or did you just dream this?

LARF

Rex Banner

Haven't played the 360 version but just killed 243 zombies on the mini-game. Great fun hurling fish at the undead!

Link: http://www.choptillyoudrop.co.uk/" target="_blank">http://www.choptillyoudrop.co.uk/

Something Fishy

Totally loved it myself.

I thought it was amazing visually.

Considering the massive number of zombies on screen, some of the texture detail such as in the shops is extremly good.

A great game but difficult if the save system catches you out.

I played it through once to level up.. then played it for the stor. Much easier.

It has become my favourite 360 game, above Oblivion.

Something Fishy

In answer to some questions..

get the sniper rifle by killng cletus in the gun shop. then the convicts are easy.

Isabella turns up in the main cases.

Snipers.. if you can get close.. use adams chainsaws if you have killed him.

you cannot save the people at the start.

Bico

I've discovered on my second playthrough that the people at the start just stare gormlessly ahead, even if you've pretty much gone nuclear on the zombies and cleared a run up the stairs for them.  What a gyp!
And the easiest way to level-up is to bring more than one survivor back to the security room at the same time (two survivors will net you 100000 PP and more than three will get you 200000), or mow down 1000 zombies - the best way to do this is to go down the entry just right of the entrance to the food court (from the park) and grab the motorcycle.  Run down as many zombies as possible by driving back into the park, then back up the entry again and repeat until the bike is about to conk out, then take the red car and do the same, remembering to drive into the maintainance tunnels so that the vehicles will respawn when you go back above ground.  When in the maintainance tunnels, be careful you don't hit the zombies pushing a gas cylinder around, as they'll explode violently, and a few hits will knacker your car - and you don't want to be stuck underground without a vehicle.  There's a storeroom in the tunnels with a submachine gun and a key for the maintainance tunnels in the mall, too, but I forget where it is.

Something Fishy

Good tips Prof.

I loved the Tunnels.

Like you i went in and out slaying thousands of them.

I'm trying overtime now.