Main Menu

The Prog Cover Guessing game

Started by judgerufian, 05 December, 2014, 10:13:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

judgerufian

Now this game is particulary easier to play since I've been a subscriber (and the prog is delivered with the cover obscured by the address label) but does anyone else try to channel their latent PSI power and guess the strip which will adorn the cover of the prog each week?
Since prog 1900, I've been right 5 times though The Eagles Dare out of continuity cover threw a 3 week wining streak. Oh and I predict Stickleback for this weekends prog.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: judgerufian on 05 December, 2014, 10:13:29 AM
Oh and I predict Stickleback for this weekends prog.

Me too - not least because it sounds like the finale will finally answer the big question of who Stickleback is (I'm quietly confident I'll have guessed right):

Quote from: Ian EdgintonThe latest series of Stickleback is about to finish in 2000AD ending on a humdinger of a reveal that will seriously change the course of the next series.

I haven't really played this game before but I might start.
@jamesfeistdraws

AlexF

Occasionally I skim through the covers section of Barney (or, for the last three years, the Prog pages on the 2000AD app) to remind myself which stories appeared in which progs. Are there any thrills of, say more than 5 episodes that never had a cover, that I would forget about by doing this kind of trawl?

I realise this is highjacking a thread with a completely different question. It hasn;t occured to me to play the cover guessing game, but it's a good 'un!

James Stacey

Quote from: AlexF on 05 December, 2014, 02:43:43 PM
Occasionally I skim through the covers section of Barney (or, for the last three years, the Prog pages on the 2000AD app) to remind myself which stories appeared in which progs. Are there any thrills of, say more than 5 episodes that never had a cover, that I would forget about by doing this kind of trawl?
Lots probably but maybe not more recently. Some quite famous strips (Shako for example) never appeared on a cover.

I, Cosh

I would love to have access to write a query which would answer this.

I don't think it's quite what you mean, but the first series of Kingdom didn't get a cover.

Edit: I've read again and this is exactly what you mean.
We never really die.

Dark Jimbo

...Are there any thrills of, say more than 5 episodes that never had a cover, that I would forget about by doing this kind of trawl?

Not too many, really - and what an eclectic bunch they are! In no particular order there's Rick Random; Abelard Snazz; London Falling; Tales of Telguuth; Urban Strike; The Dead; Mother Earth; Colony Earth; I was a Teenage Tax Consultant; Project Overkill; and of course the various anthology series.
@jamesfeistdraws

Colin YNWA

Quote from: The Cosh on 05 December, 2014, 04:18:40 PM
I don't think it's quite what you mean, but the first series of Kingdom didn't get a cover.

Really, wow that surprises me more than it probably should!

judgerufian

I was right about Stickleback being this weeks cover!

AlexF

Wow, good work there everyone! I'm also pretty astonished that Kingdom 1 didn't get a cover, not least because Elson is pretty fantastic at producing eye-catching covers.

As for the game, I'm predicting Savage on the cover of the first Prog of 2015 (numbered 1912, is it?). Suddenly I'm wondering what fun Tharg will have with Prog numbers that line up with significant dates: WW1 theme on Progs 1914-1918, First Man in space on Prog 1960 and all that sort of thing, and of course a free space spinner on prog 1977

Timothy

I'll have a pop at next week's. Judge Death?