Main Menu

Warlord Stront game!

Started by TordelBack, 14 December, 2016, 03:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh S

TordelBack

I, Cosh

Quote from: Leigh S on 01 August, 2018, 11:00:21 PM
The Thrill Mail has a cometition to win a mental miniature! ...
Found one of these lurking in my letterbox when I got home this morning. Cheers Tharg!
We never really die.

Trooper McFad

Well done 😡 not jealous at all 😩
Hope they don't take too long to put it up for general release
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

NapalmKev

If anyone has a desire to part ways with the Gronk model from the game please let me know and I'll  happily take it off your hands. Name your price!

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

sheridan

Quote from: NapalmKev on 31 August, 2018, 10:00:36 AM
If anyone has a desire to part ways with the Gronk model from the game please let me know and I'll  happily take it off your hands. Name your price!

Cheers

For a split second I thought Tidyup was a gronk (just a split second).

Leigh S

Playthrough video finally lands - is it my imagination or have they painted Wulf a bit more "fan film" colours?  Wish I'd thought of that - will certainly be an option when they do a gronk jerkin Wulf!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIIGdZ_TmPM&t=44s

Rogue Judge

These figures look awesome - great work Leigh!

I've never painted or played with mini-figures before but will be picking up the starter set and the Stix Brothers sets on Monday. (I dont think I'll play the game - I just want to paint and display those figures!)

Leigh, could you provide some insights as to how you paint the finished figures? They are perfect and I'd appreciate any tips as to how you achieve the final look. I'll browse youtube as well, I'm sure there are some instructional video slugs out there.

Keep posting, I'll be using them as reference! (Especially that Carlos brown - great choice)

Thanks - RJ

Steve Green

Quote from: Leigh S on 05 September, 2018, 09:48:43 PM
Playthrough video finally lands - is it my imagination or have they painted Wulf a bit more "fan film" colours?  Wish I'd thought of that - will certainly be an option when they do a gronk jerkin Wulf!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIIGdZ_TmPM&t=44s

Maybe.

Warlord contacted us about using clips from the film to promo the game, we said from our POV it wouldn't be a problem, as long as the actors were cool with it.

We pointed out the main sticking point would likely be Rebellion, as they tend to keep a 10-foot barge pole between fan stuff and anything official and to ask them first.

We didn't hear anything back after that.

Leigh S

Cheers RJ - I will have a think about just what colour it was! Currently stalled by Dogbreath duty, so here is everything so far:

Quote from: Rogue Judge on 09 September, 2018, 01:22:52 AM
These figures look awesome - great work Leigh!

I've never painted or played with mini-figures before but will be picking up the starter set and the Stix Brothers sets on Monday. (I dont think I'll play the game - I just want to paint and display those figures!)

Leigh, could you provide some insights as to how you paint the finished figures? They are perfect and I'd appreciate any tips as to how you achieve the final look. I'll browse youtube as well, I'm sure there are some instructional video slugs out there.

Keep posting, I'll be using them as reference! (Especially that Carlos brown - great choice)

Thanks - RJ

Trooper McFad

Great painting if I can get results 1/2 as good as that for my figures I'll be happy. Well done Leigh 👍🏻
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

wedgeski

Those are excellent, very nice work.

Bolt-01

Fantastic painting there, Leigh.

sheridan

As a matter of interest (bit more than that - it's the decider on whether I order it or not) - which delivery company was used?

sheridan

Quote from: sheridan on 10 September, 2018, 02:22:47 PM
As a matter of interest (bit more than that - it's the decider on whether I order it or not) - which delivery company was used?

As a bit of an elaboration - if one certain company is used then it would more than likely take a month or two after sending for me to actually get my hands on whatever gets sent, if I receive it at all.  They're worse than useless and at their own admittance have no process for picking up parcels from their distribution centre (i.e. anything that gets returned goes into a massive warehouse where there are tens of thousands of packages, in no particular order).  As their delivery slots are all during the normal office working day then there delivery consists of wasting fuel carrying loads of about 100 parcels around, polluting the area before taking it back to the depot, where it'll get put in a pile and carried around a few more times before being returned to the sender (once they've worked out which things in the pile have been out for a few spins).

I'm a little wary of ordering anything online for fear the sender uses this Delivery comPany, Dontcha know?