Main Menu

Can you help with 2000 AD History articles?

Started by davidbishop, 26 March, 2002, 01:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidbishop

Hello everyone!

I'm David Bishop. You may remember me from editing 2000 AD, the Judge Dredd Megazine and various other publications.

I am currently researching and writing a series of articles detailing the history of 2000 AD, and I need your help.

I'm looking for published interviews with 2000 AD creators over the years. Alas, over 25 years, people's memories become a bit vague and details merge into one. So, does anyone have copies of interviews with 2000 AD editorial staff and creators from such publications as Speakeasy, Comics Interview or Amazing Heroes? If so, would they be willing to send me photocopies of the articles?

I won't be quoting directly from the articles - that would be an infringement of copyright, obviously - but it would help with background information!

Please reply here in the first instance if you can help!

Thanks.

davidbishop

W. R. Logan

>I'm David Bishop. You may remember me from editing 2000 AD, the Judge Dredd Megazine and various other publications.

Hello, I'm Troy McClure, you might remember me from ....

La PLaca Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

davidbishop

Yes, that *was* deliberate!

But can you help?

davidbishop

2000AD Online

I know I've got various issues of the above as well as other magazines. Not quite sure where to send 'em, though. Which is what I meant in the E-mail.

Leigh S

I've obsessively been collecting these for the past decade, so I've got quite a collection.

I've got loads of old fanzines: BEMs, Arkenswords, comics interviews, Comics Journals, Speakeasys, Fantasy Advertisers, Amazing Heroes, After Images....  literally dozens of interviews going back to the 70s up to the present.  I can copy you whatever you need - All I'd need is an idea of the stuff you're interested in, as there is a fair amount.  For instance I've got an interview with Gibbons from Comics Interview where he talks about the 'British Invasion' and the problems with British comics management which I imagine would be quite useful.  I've also got interviews with Alan Grant, Steve McManus, Richard Burton - basically a whole box full of goodies.  You can e-mail me for more - Wake can give you details I presume, and I'll run off now and see what I've got...  

Leigh S

....and I know the real ending of Blackhawk!!!

Tarantino

I have about forty magazines with articles mainly related to Judge Dredd but some have references to 2000AD, too many to photocopy. If there are any in particular that you want please email me and I will see what I can do.

Tarantino

By the by did you know that on the 20th March a copy of 2000AD No 2 in mint condition and with the free gift sold for ?365 on the ebay Auction site and a copy of No 1 in mint condition sold for ?230 on the same day.

davidbishop

Thanks to all those who have offered to help so far. I have sent emails directly to you, via this board. If you don't get them within a day, post here and I'll find another way to contact you.

davidbishop

Mudcrab

NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Moose

yeah...what was the real ending of blackhawk?

Leigh S

According to an article in (I think) an old Fantasy Advertiser, Alan Grant wanted to end Black Hawk by having him face an insurmountable army of baddies... Blackhawk would be fighting away, knowing that he had no chance against an overwhelming horde...

Just then, Tharg pops up and tells him that he's merely a comics character, but despite that, he has fought well - Tharg offers to get him out of trouble so that he can fight another day.  Blackhawk replies that although hes a comics character he's also a warrior, and elects to fight on to an inevitable death....

+rufus+

Hey David, I can scan some early art and pitch piecse done by the like of O'Neill Gibbons and Ezquerra.
Drop me a line punk, I'd love yo help.
Rufus

Richmond Clements

Check out the dates Juve... you're a couple of years too late!
TPO, I believe.

Leigh S

Even so - I want to see them in the Meg!