Main Menu

TWD series 9

Started by Proudhuff, 11 October, 2018, 01:04:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

That was entertaining  :D
Loving the detail of construction time again and unlike the comic loads of crisp Walker action, along with a load of crumb trails getting started and Chekhov's guns primed,

...and a ending that startled and seemed fitting too. ( not that I advocate that sort of thing)

oh, And Carol and Daryl getting the screen time they deserve at last.

So I'm sticking with it
DDT did a job on me

auxlen

Was so sick of the rival factions, governor, then the saviors...and Negan was so annoying (he spoke like he was delivering punchlines on a bad radio 4 comedy, like dr cox on scrubs) Just talk like a human!

Nice to see the survival side without guns....for a change

Dudley

Total reboot 5 episodes in?

Keef Monkey

I've been coasting on Walking Dead for a long time now, it had started to feel like a bit of a chore to watch. I certainly had no excitement for it going into this season but it hit the ground running and hasn't dropped the ball yet. Genuinely got me hooked again, and has been the best run of quality they've had in years. Looking forward to next week, which is quite a turnaround from the half-grudging way that I watched the last season.

Bolt-01

Is it really improved 'that' much? I finally gave up at the midway point of S08.

Link Prime

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 08 November, 2018, 03:33:59 PM
Is it really improved 'that' much? I finally gave up at the midway point of S08.

It has in my opinion Bolt, even down to the opening credits (now including some nice references and foreshadowing).

It's an all new set-up as of next week- a significant [spoiler]time jump, of at least 6 years[/spoiler].
Really looking forward to it, for the first time in absolutely ages.

Keef Monkey

Quote from: Link Prime on 08 November, 2018, 04:03:08 PM

It has in my opinion Bolt, even down to the opening credits (now including some nice references and foreshadowing).

It's an all new set-up as of next week- a significant [spoiler]time jump, of at least 6 years[/spoiler].
Really looking forward to it, for the first time in absolutely ages.

Yeah I think opinions will vary but I really do think the difference in quality from last season to this season is night and day, at least in terms of how invested I am in it again. Been a few seasons since I felt this up for more TWD.

And that [spoiler]time jump! Really didn't see that coming, and quite excited about how much new energy that could potentially inject into things. Really closes the book on an era of it I guess, and gives them a chance at a bit of a fresh start if they pull it off. Of all the ways I thought they might handle Lincoln leaving this really took me by surprise, felt like a very gutsy move![/spoiler]

Proudhuff

The [spoiler]time jump[/spoiler], [spoiler]missing Rick[/spoiler] and the first sign of [spoiler]the Whisperers[/spoiler]... yes worth a couple of hours of your time.

I'd previously asked for Michone  to be the lead, and it to be the Carol and Daryl l show... and you know what? thats what we got!

Only crap bit is Carol's hippy hair-do. :D
DDT did a job on me

JayzusB.Christ

I don't read the comic, but I'm really enjoying the series right now.  I was close to giving up - it was getting to be a case of fight the bad guy's rival community, rinse, wash repeat.  And most shows lose direction as soon as the lead character goes.

But things are really good right now.  There are enough good characters to carry on without Egg and the[spoiler] time jump was a brave and successful way of clearing the air and refreshing the series[/spoiler].  I like Carol's new 'do, and Michonne looks way cooler now that she has my hairstyle. [spoiler]Rosita and Gabriel[/spoiler] seems a wee bit unlikely, but hell, why not - I like Gabe, he's been through a lot and he deserves it and I'm just jealous.

And, though it may not be any great surprise for comic-readers, [spoiler]talking zombies![/spoiler]  I really wasn't expecting that - the zombies have been little more than background props for a long time.  It's about time the actual Walking Dead started pulling their weight a bit.

Still can't work out why nobody had ever heard of zombies before the apocalypse.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JayzusB.Christ

... aaaand I've just had the truth of the whispering walkers spoiled for me by looking at the wrong website; with some prick saying the usual 'it's hardly a spoiler, it's already all over the internet.'
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Link Prime

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 21 November, 2018, 10:23:27 PM
some prick saying the usual 'it's hardly a spoiler, it's already all over the internet.'

That brother of yours is outta control JBC.

JayzusB.Christ

Link Prime

Really enjoyed last nights mid-season finale.
Shocked by the death of [spoiler]Jesus[/spoiler]- didn't see that one coming.
Another reminder that while this series has been a very faithful adaptation, there are some big differences with the ensemble.

I'll honestly admit, I thought that [spoiler]The Whisperer's[/spoiler] were an eye-rollingly stupid idea when they were first introduced in the comic series.
So ludicrous that I just couldn't imagine the show-runners using that story-line (I think I even speculated that the garbage dump group were intended as their replacement).
Anyway- I was wrong on both counts. They pulled it off.
Looking forward to the series return in 2019.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Proudhuff on 11 October, 2018, 01:04:38 PM
That was entertaining  :D
Loving the detail of construction time again and unlike the comic loads of crisp Walker action, along with a load of crumb trails getting started and Chekhov's guns primed,

...and a ending that startled and seemed fitting too. ( not that I advocate that sort of thing)

oh, And Carol and Daryl getting the screen time they deserve at last.

So I'm sticking with it

as above with bells on.
The death of [spoiler]Jesus[/spoiler] and the intro of [spoiler]the Whisperers[/spoiler] and great things, the lack of Rick and loads of Daryl and Carol action along with Michonne acting like a true leader is all great stuff jump on if you haven't already (Bolt looking at you  ;))

Is that it for a few months now? when's it back?

DDT did a job on me

rogue69

There's no confirmed date yet,but it normally starts on the second Sunday of February which would make the start date for the current series 10 February. However season 8 moved away from this and part 2 didn't start until 25 February