Main Menu

Prop sale

Started by Steve Green, 26 October, 2012, 03:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

Just watching some of the costumes going that are non Judge related and they are going a lot cheaper than I expected. It seems that many people will be able to get a bargain!

Steven Sterlacchini

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 04 February, 2013, 05:01:23 PM
Judge Dredd Complete Costume & Utility Belt (with Stunt Double components) - 001 has gone for £16,869

That's a pretty good amount for a stunt suit.

Hero suit + screen time = £££, it will be interesting to see how much the Alvarez suit goes for.

Glenn Broadway

I thought it was pretty unclear if it was a stunt suit or not...

Buttonman

A lot of the non-judge stuff looks like off the shelf Primark gear - it says 'Labeled 'L' etc. the chances of you effecting free entry at a con by saying 'I'm Big Joe of Dredd 3D' are slim at best. Unlike the XL Joe.

Buttonman

Though the Judge supervisor would get more than £300 - the belt alone is at £255.

opaque

I wonder how many people think CF was bidding it up now :P

Buttonman

Sniped out of the Creds at the last second! £142 + vat and post for 7 bits of plastic - maybe not too sad!

von Boom

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 04 February, 2013, 05:01:23 PM
Judge Dredd Complete Costume & Utility Belt (with Stunt Double components) - 001 has gone for £16,869

Bidding must have gotten bloody towards the end since the last time I looked at it it was still only £7,500 at a little over an hour to go.

LARF

Got the four reg plates!!!  :D

IndigoPrime

\o/

On bidding in general, I'm also of the opinion that you should just bid what you're willing to pay and leave it to fate. Anything else and you risk missing out entirely, as I've done on more the one occasion before I changed how I bid on most items.

Good luck to all boarders looking to secure a piece of the movie in the remaining auctions.

Mardroid

Dear me! They actually include his boxers with the outfit!

o1s1n

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 04 February, 2013, 05:53:26 PM
\o/

On bidding in general, I'm also of the opinion that you should just bid what you're willing to pay and leave it to fate. Anything else and you risk missing out entirely, as I've done on more the one occasion before I changed how I bid on most items.

Good luck to all boarders looking to secure a piece of the movie in the remaining auctions.

Depends on your budget and how rare the item is really. If you have X amount set aside and have been waiting ages for one to show up then go for it. If it's a popular item it will be bid up and you'll probably end up paying close to max either way.

If it's a common item though, sniping is the only way you should go if you want to get bargains.

It eliminates bidders who don't know how to proxy bid properly by removing their chances of outbidding you. As a result, you get the item cheaper.

Some think this is underhanded, I think it's common sense. All's fair in love and war! :)

We really have been spoiled with these auctions. I spend so feckin long looking for interesting props and items and here we have a truck load in one go.

Anyone here get the Trophy Helmet? Oh to have had money to bid on it!

sheldipez

Quote from: Dandontdare on 04 February, 2013, 03:43:39 PM
I'm not an eBay expert - What happens if someone does bid huge and then turns out to have no money - would the whole auction need to be re-run, or does it go to the next highest bid?

If the highest bidder (winner) backs out of an auction you (as the seller) can issue a "second chance offer" to the 2nd highest bidder; they recieve what is basically a buy it now email to purchase it at the price they bidded, if they also change their mind the seller can continue down the line of bidders until a legit bidder accepts the offer. I've had to do this many a time myself.

Frank

Link Prime

Quote from: sauchie on 04 February, 2013, 07:24:15 PM
Has anyone made the "Money for ..." gag yet?

Judge Jack a few days ago I believe...and I agreed with him.