Main Menu

Progs 1 and 2 with gifts

Started by ming, 02 April, 2004, 11:21:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ming

Hello all,

I just noticed the first 78 progs, including progs 1 and 2 with gifts, on e-bay, going cheap (?200-ish, with 2 days left).  I'd bid, but I'm skint.  Just thought I'd spread the word.

ming

Link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2234799267&category=78&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT&rd=1" target="_blank">Progs with gifts

starscape

Seller has a zero rating though.  First sale or not to be trusted? You decide.

opaque

But I think thats what a lot of people use Ebay for. They sign up to sell one specific thing (especially comics) then practically disappear.
But I agree is hard to tell how reputable they are. Could pay by Paypal and be more protected that way.

Prog 1 does look very clean though.

stront692

paypal protection??? believe me, there is little protection with paypal

your credit card maybe but its a long winded process

stront692

just use 'ask seller a question' and judge by reply

House of Usher

Don't worry if you couldn't afford this lot - it's no longer a bargain. Current high bid is ?510, which sounds about right to me. Still, the Progs 1 and 2 with gifts are a bit of a catch for the discerning collector.
STRIKE !!!

House of Usher

Fascinating. The collection sold for ?620 to a zero-rated bidder.
STRIKE !!!

W. R. Logan

I just pray Mrs Logan never sees these sort of posts or works out how to use E-Bay.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Steamboy

Mr Logan comes home from work slaps hands to face Home Alone style "AAAAIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE wheres me progs gone?".

CU Krestel

TOR1

Hi I'm new to this forum but used to collect 2000AD in my younger days.  I have a full collection up to prog 460 and a couple after that.  I wouldn't consider selling them but for the sake of keeping my girlfriend from chucking out the boxes they're in - how much (roughly) would they be worth?  I even have the annuals from about 1980 - 84 which I got signed by the writers etc.  

House of Usher

Your collection covers a fairly broad area, so it's hard to be very specific, especially when one factors in the condition, but I'd guess anywhere between ?500 and ?1,000 for the lot.
STRIKE !!!

TOR1

Cheers
That's about what I'd have said - the Starlord paper was much better and those are in near perfect condition - except where I cutout the hell planet game - DOH!