Main Menu

Lady Judges

Started by ming, 06 May, 2004, 08:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ming

Okay, so I'm stuck in not-so-tropical Canada, still waiting for winter to end.  This means I have time to ponder life's great questions like "if Mr. T is so scared of flying, how did he get to Vietnam?"

Anyway, I've been reading a bunch of back Progs, and it got me wondering about the first appearance of Lady Judges.  Any advance on Prog 127? (Classic Bolland story, The Fog, with an un-named Fem-Judge.  I know she's a lady 'cos she's got lipstick and bumps, and she's got her badge on the wrong side).

Prior to this, I can't spot any Judges-with-bumps, at least in the Progs I have here.  I did notice a letter (Prog 124) demanding that Tharg print a story with a heroine rather than a hero - apparently "script robot Howard was supposed to write a story about a female judge but was unfortunately frightened by a dog on the way to the Command Module" (so we got the Doomsday Dogs instead) but a Judge Heroine was in the works.

A few progs later we got the first (?) named Judge (Harkness, In Death of a Judge) but she got a bit of a bum deal to say the least.  So I guess the first Lady Judge of a heroine persuasion would be ...Anderson.  Or am I wrong?

Anyway "Lady Judges, good or bad?"

And which fictional / non-fictional character would you like to see get a Lady Judge Makeover?

I vote for Judge Bridget Jones
(Tuesday.  My arse looks huge in this uniform; too many mock chocks v. v. bad. etc.)

Thread Zero

Okay, so I'm stuck in not-so-tropical Canada, still waiting for winter to end. This means I have time to ponder life's great questions like "if Mr. T is so scared of flying, how did he get to Vietnam?"

With many and varied doping type shinanigans, I expect, along the lines of Face pointing at something and saying 'Hey! Look at that!' while Hannibal stuck a massive syringe into his back.

Dudley

Nah - he developed his fear of flying in the high-security stockade, following torture by CIA agents.

ming

...sigh. I knew I shouldn't have mentioned the A-Team.

Smiley

Any advance on Prog 127?

This came up before I think, and yeah, that was the first female, Judge Kelly IIRC.

Floyd-the-k

Lady Judges good of course! Especially since so many of them are what we scientists call `hotties`; ie DeMarco, Andersen, ummm Karyn, Hershey (well, some of the time), that Judge who got frozen by the aliens (Costello? you know, the one who spied on DeMarco)...the only female Judge I can think of who isn`t hot in any way whatsoever was Judge Judy Janus, who is very annoying.
  Oh and McGruder wasn`t hot in any sense of the word, but was an interesting character.
   Let`s have heaps more female judges! Women hold up half the sky etc
  sorry, this isn`t a very cogent contribution to a debate, but I can`t see what there is to debate about. You could argue about liking or disliking particular judges but who would argue against there being female ones? Keane of course, I mean who could do so logically?

Jared Katooie

The bit in the credits when the car blows up is great.

Dudley

Ladies?  In skintight leather, you say?  But with complete job equality?  But (nearly) all extraordinarily fit young women?  But shown as their male counterparts' equals in every way?  On motorbikes?  With guns?

It's almost like 2000AD got to have its cake and eat it.

Judge Bridget Jones is great.  I'd like to see Judge Does-My-Bum-Look-Big-In-This?

Thread Zero

I'd like to see Judge Does-My-Bum-Look-Big-In-This?

That'll be Anderson, as drawn by Brett Ewins (particularly in 'The Possession' storyline).

Dudley

Nah - her bum just DID look colossal, it's not like she was arresting perps and then asking them to comment on her attractiveness...

Krustabi

I think I've made my position on Lady Judges clear over the past few months. Aimee Nixon could be hot if she had a nose job.

Thread Zero

Nah - her bum just DID look colossal, it's not like she was arresting perps and then asking them to comment on her attractiveness...

Dat's what you think!http://hometown.aol.co.uk/mattsharpm/myhomepage/anderson02.jpg?mtbrand=AOL_UK">

Tanky

Makeovers, you ask? How bout...
Judge Judy Finnigan

Hot? Maybe not. But damn funny.

Dudley

That reminds me... was it ever settled whether Judy Janus did or did not have a twin brother called Hugh?

Quirkafleeg

I wonder if Bret was a fan of Sir Mix-a-lot

Remember the great 'classical' Bady got back
"I like big butts and I can not lie..."