Main Menu

Y'know what really grinds my gears?

Started by Link Prime, 12 April, 2014, 01:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddykafka

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 04 September, 2020, 10:40:58 AM
Sodding insect bites.  I thought they were only supposed to last a day or two, but I can still feel the multiple ones I got last Saturday, and that's after days of antihistamine tablets and cream.  Bastards.

Yeah, but Them lads have some bite, eh?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQn4kK-ZuafJoBd4L4oZh-3eVhN0Xd_1cOeFw&usqp=CAU

Dandontdare

Sodding insect bites.  I thought they were only supposed to last a day or two, but I can still feel the multiple ones I got last Saturday, and that's after days of antihistamine tablets and cream.  Bastards.

I suppose I should be grateful I'm not properly allergic, like one of my mates - when we were doing our summer jobs in Germany years ago, he used to go into work looking like Max Bubba.

Impetigo Jones surely?

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Dandontdare on 04 September, 2020, 12:59:11 PM

I suppose I should be grateful I'm not properly allergic, like one of my mates - when we were doing our summer jobs in Germany years ago, he used to go into work looking like Max Bubba.

Impetigo Jones surely?

I know my Bubba gang - definitely Max. My mate's face swelled up to make him near-unrecognisable.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

Hmmm... maybe I could shove some wasps down me skiddies...

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

paddykafka

Disapproving sigh...  Honestly! The length that some people will go to for a day off. Tssk! Tssk!

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Dandontdare

von Boom

People using inside cash points without wearing a mask.  >:(

Just because its a little early/late doesn't mean the virus isn't just as contagious! I think the cctv footage at these points should be viewed daily and the criminals who do this arrested and allowed to not wear a mask at Her Majesty's leisure. That or used as test subjects for covid vaccines.

repoman

I know I had a go at chavvy pricks a page back but seriously every time I'm in a place and someone isn't wearing a mask (or worse, has it down by their chin), it's always the chavviest looking prick in the place.

I live in a bit of a villagey place now where everyone is a bit better at wearing masks but if I go into town where it's a bit more common, it's fked. 

And so we're locked down and I don't get to see any of my mates. 

Apestrife

That I insist on checking certain comic news sites and on twitter... Just a bunch of awful click bait...

Rately

My doomscrolling.

I would rather be fed a daily diet of nice news, great art and writing, but i insist on checking twitter feeds, news sites etc. that i know will grind my gears down! Then i'm in a bloody mood for rest of day.

von Boom

Quote from: Rately on 07 October, 2020, 01:34:54 PM
My doomscrolling.

I would rather be fed a daily diet of nice news, great art and writing, but i insist on checking twitter feeds, news sites etc. that i know will grind my gears down! Then i'm in a bloody mood for rest of day.
The best thing I did in May was remove Twitter from my phone. It was far too easy to dwell on the shite news.

Rately

Quote from: von Boom on 07 October, 2020, 02:24:50 PM
My doomscrolling.

The best thing I did in May was remove Twitter from my phone. It was far too easy to dwell on the shite news.

I'm coming to a realisation, and the fact is I've known it for a year or two, that the longer i spend off social media, the more time i actually spend being productive, doing things i want to do without that horrible nagging thought at back of mind that i'm missing something important. I'm not.

Bad news is bad enough without obsessively searching for it.

von Boom

Quote from: Rately on 07 October, 2020, 02:28:32 PM
My doomscrolling.

I'm coming to a realisation, and the fact is I've known it for a year or two, that the longer i spend off social media, the more time i actually spend being productive, doing things i want to do without that horrible nagging thought at back of mind that i'm missing something important. I'm not.

Very true. Bad news will reach you no matter what you do, so why go out of your way to find it?

Rately

Quote from: von Boom on 07 October, 2020, 02:51:09 PM
Quote from: Rately on 07 October, 2020, 02:28:32 PM
My doomscrolling.

Very true. Bad news will reach you no matter what you do, so why go out of your way to find it?

Amen, Brother!