Main Menu

Another link to the Christmas Creeptic Crossword

Started by JayzusB.Christ, 17 December, 2019, 04:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Sorry, I know the link within the advent calendar might be a bit hard to find, and I didn't want to clutter up that thread with even more of my own posts.  So here it is again - see the Advent Calendar thread for competition details, compliments of EddieHitler and me!
https://crosswordlabs.com/view/christmas-creeptic-crossword
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

Ooh - just got 12-down. This is exciting for me because I'm pretty terrible at abstract thinking.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

JayzusB.Christ

Good man, Funt! Plenty of time to stretch your brain-muscles  :)
Ended up procrastinating as usual and burning the midnight oil last night but I really enjoyed writing the clues. I really hope they make sense
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Greg M.

As far as clues go, 10 Across is absolutely inspired! Well done. (We don't pronounce 1 Across the same way though.)

Just got one left to solve...

paddykafka

My favourite ever crosswords clue: Over-burdened Postman.

"How many letters?"

Millions!

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Greg M. on 17 December, 2019, 06:35:16 PM
As far as clues go, 10 Across is absolutely inspired! Well done. (We don't pronounce 1 Across the same way though.)

Crap, never thought of that! Glad it's solvable though.
Quote from: paddykafka on 17 December, 2019, 07:01:11 PM
My favourite ever crosswords clue: Over-burdened Postman.

"How many letters?"

Millions!

😀 Heard that one from a barman last Christmas while I was doing a crossword

TordelBack

As with  all the best crosswords,  I blasted through it this morning chanting 'eeeeasy eeeeasy' and came completely  unstuck on one last clue. Just one. But I'll get it,  you see if I don't.

Brilliant,  brilliant work. 12 Down an  especially elegant example of the form.

Funt Solo

I'm down to just one as well: it's baffling me entirely.  Mind you, 8-down had be flustered for a while ... so, y'know... I'm an idiot.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

JayzusB.Christ

Should have made the deadline midnight tonight for the feckin' Formula 1 team here  :D

Leigh S

Got em all in the end - Axe The Boarder was the last to fall!

TordelBack

Hah, done! 22 across was fiendish, but some whiskey and contemplative armful of kitten got me there. I salute the setter!

Funt Solo

23-across was my final stumbler, but I'm done as well.

Now ... about all of today's paid work ...
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

I, Cosh

Great stuff. One to go but 10 & 19 got the biggest laughs/groans.
We never really die.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Leigh S on 17 December, 2019, 10:09:55 PM
Got em all in the end - Axe The Boarder was the last to fall!
First one I thought of too! 

BTW, a little clue - First letter in 9 down isn't 'F'!