Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomwe

Since 30 books is over a year, I think they may even be open to another extension if the content/sales are there.
The marvel one was extended by 60 (having begun as only 60), then 20, then 30, then another 30 and at present 20 more to 220.

abelardsnazz

Wow, fantastic news. There has to be some John Smith in the extension, hopefully including Revere, discussed on the most recent Mega City Book Club. A Ron Smith Dredd volume would be good, plus more recent Dredd and Dominion/Torture Garden. I guess this and any further extensions need to maintain distance from Rebellion's release schedule, although that's focusing a lot more now on the Treasury of British Comics so could work out well.

IndigoPrime

To stop people freaking out, the entire 2000 AD line will be unavailable on the Hachette site from 9 December for a month, according to an email I just received. (Warehouse move. Same happened with the Marvel one.)

Colin YNWA

Complete Red Seas. Complete Red Seas. Complete Red Seas. Complete Red Seas. Complete Red Seas. Complete Red Seas. Complete Red Seas. Complete Red Seas. Complete Red Seas. Complete Red Seas. Complete Red Seas. Complete Red Seas. Complete Red Seas. Complete Red Seas. Complete Red Seas. Complete Red Seas. Complete Red Seas. Complete Red Seas. Complete Red Seas. Complete Red Seas. Complete Red Seas. Complete Red Seas.....

Tomwe

My issue 60 just came from FP with a 3mm slippage on the spine towards the back. Last time there was a problem like this I sent it back and they replaced but...
...but
I just can't be bothered anymore. It's fine. It's black. Not like Dredd where the white lines were so clear.
The issue contains the whole (i assume) strip as serialised in progs 1-51
Oh, and the back endpapers are upside down. I only just saw that as I leafed through and wrote the above.
I may ask FB for a replacement and see how far that gets me.

moogie101

Wow, I was expecting an extension of ten at the most to bring it in line with the Dredd Collection.

Will be very interesting to see what gets added, although the real shame is if this has been planned for awhile why the hell didn't they push a couple of those Slaine books into the extension?

At least Dante Vol. 9 (Spine number 80 isn't released until next July so hopefully they can avoid the spines not matching problem of the Dredd collection.

IndigoPrime

I'd quite like it if they from the 81st one just ditched the spine art and went for normal spines, but I can't imagine that'll happen. Gotta keep people adding to that art.

Tomwe

I really hope Mr Cook does another character standing back to back with Kano in the same pose. He's planned it well I'd say.

sintec

Do you think we'll see a third future shocks volume?

We don't know what the All-Stars Volume (Issue 72) will contain yet but it seems likely that's going to be along similar lines to "The Best Of Tharg's Future Shocks" http://www.2000ad.org/?zone=reprint&page=gnprofiles&choice=future

If that's right it would mean we're lacking in any Future shocks past prog 550 or so - there must have been a books worth of decent shocks since then right?

Or maybe a volume of 3hrillers? Or one of the other various anthology headings?

Cannco

Another 30 books...were gonna need a bigger boat !
I'm not sure my shelves can take the extra weight/space .

Jade Falcon

When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Pete Wells

Well, yesterday I bought issues 1 - 56 from a friend so it looks like I"m back on the horse! It's killed me that after a dodgy couple of years, I couldn't subscribe to this!

Happy!

The Monarch

stuff i wanna see though i doubt most of it would get in

1 final ace trucking just to end it

1 strontium dog just to cover all the post death and rebirth stories

as many goddamn red seas as needed for a full run

vcs

anything john smith

canon fodder (will never happen but a lad can dream)

some more savage volumes as we do need more mills in our life :P

abc warriors see above

3 more artist specific dredd collections maybe a second carlos one?

a millar robohunter collection just to hear the gnashing and groaning of this entire messageboard

strontium dogs (see above)

Jade Falcon

I'd like to see some of the post classic Rogue Trooper from Realpolitik on.

More Savage than has been covered in the three Rebellion trades.

Leviathan.

When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Swerty

Great news.There's loads of stuff to choose from Another vote for The Vcs