Main Menu

If Hachette extends the 2000 AD collection, which books do you want to see?

Started by IndigoPrime, 23 January, 2019, 01:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

There's been speculation about a Hachette 2000 AD book collection extension. The Marvel collection rumbles on with no end in sight. Dredd, though, only got a ten-book continuation. Marvel's well is deeper than Dredd's, and I suspect commercial viability played a part. But assuming the latter works for 2000 AD as well, there are loads of strips that haven't yet been collected.

So if Hachette were to extend the series, which ONE book (in the ~200–250-page range) would you like to see? And it'd be great if in this thread, people didn't repeat anything that's been included previously.

Mine, unsurprisingly, is: Firekind/Leatherjack

Firekind remains one of the all-time 2000 AD classics, and it deserves a hardback collection. Leatherjack is also pretty great, and by the same team of Smith/Marshall. In all, there's 194p of strip, according to Barney, and so it should be possible to squeeze into one book. (Frankly, I'd love to see more Smith, but this above all others.)

rs_jr

Tomwe

Aw, you really want just one? OK - I'll plug for Indigo Prime as the original Killing Time collection is OOP at the thargshop. If they added one or two strips from the second collection they could round the book out nicely.
I also thought they could do a book of the non-Dredd 8-issue Summer Offensive strips but I don't think anyone really wants that!

Tomwe

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 23 January, 2019, 02:45:30 PM
Big Dave
See! I bet sandwiched in with Really & Truly, Slaughterbowl & Maniac 5 it would totally be a slice of the time without forcing the issue.

IndigoPrime

I suspect the creator-owned aspect of Big Dave would be a can of worms enough, without even getting to the actual content...

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Nic_Freeman

Quote from: Tomwe on 23 January, 2019, 02:41:42 PM
Aw, you really want just one? OK - I'll plug for Indigo Prime as the original Killing Time collection is OOP at the thargshop.

THIS. Really disappointed to discover there was no IP planned for the the collection.

moldovangerbil

Unlikely, I know, but if there is an extension (and I'm against it personally) then it'd be good to know what's going to be in it in advance and how many books it'll be so we can decide whether or not to participate.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: moldovangerbil on 23 January, 2019, 03:41:01 PM
Unlikely, I know, but if there is an extension (and I'm against it personally)

Some people just want to watch the world burn.
@jamesfeistdraws

moogie101

Luke Kirby, Zenith, Mean Arena, Harry 20 on the High Rock, Flesh, Shako. (Sorry just noticed it was only ONE book but I'd love any/ all of these to make an appearance although many are being viewed through the rose tinted glasses of a young reader)

I'm a returning reader pulled back in via the Ultimate Collection so a lot of the stuff mentioned above new to me, but to date loved the "newer" stuff in the UC so far. Really just want more as loving the collection so far so an extension of similar quality works for me.

moly

Cosier

It'd be good to get a volume of Absalom, picking up where the Caballistics, Inc volumes leave off. One volume would probably be big enough to collect the lot and still have space for the recent Caballistics, Inc conclusion and the upcoming Absalom finale.

sintec

Zenith was the thing I was most disappointed to discover wasn't going to be in the intial run.  It was one of the series that I knew by reputation prior to picking up the collection and had hoped to tick off my to-read list.

Failing that I'd be very happy to see a 3rd volume of Kingdom bringing that right up to date.

ZenArcade

All of John Smiths work in a volume or two. Fire kind (in sequence).
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead