Main Menu

X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014)

Started by radiator, 02 August, 2012, 10:25:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie boy

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 30 November, 2012, 04:09:05 PM
Bishop- The man with impossible antomy, even by X-Man standards.
Had a bitchin' harmonica tune though.

MR. ELIMINATOR

Charlie boy

Hugh Jackman is said to have joined talks to be in this. I already think this story could be a mistake, Wolverine in it could be more so. Seeing as this franchise is to focus on the whole "original team" etc, bringing Wolverine into this could see the sequel being little more than Wolverine and The First Class. Maybe it could be okay if he has just two small scenes- the second of which being his death.

SmallBlueThing

The thought of them adapting Days of Future Past and NOT having Wolvie in it almost causes me to evacuate my bowels. Though perhaps they could get an actor who's bit like the comic Wolvie to play him this time, instead of playing entirely to the knicker-wetters.

SBT

Andy Smart

I think if you drop the death of Wolverine then the story loses a lot of its impact. Although I agree it should be a reduced part. Perhaps only have him in the future bits.

radiator

I reckon the best way to do this film would be to have two distinct timelines - McAvoy/Fassbender and Jackman and co in the sixties/seventies, Stewart/McKellen and Jackman in the future, Post-apocalypse timeline.

Keep the timelines distinct (future and past characters share no screentime and there is no time-travel as such) but introduce a brand new character whose mutant ability is that they can see the future, or communicate with their future/past self. Use this as the central conceit of the film - the past X Men have to prevent the future disaster from happening while the future X Men struggle to relay information to their past selves, something like that.

This would allow for all sorts of mind-bending story opportunities - they could essentially retcon The Last Stand, writing it off as just one possible future.

Goaty

Remember this film? There lots of twitter behind the scenes, and now new posters.

Goaty

Rise of Sentinels?

Those at Comic Con

Link Prime

This single pic of Wolvie in the future has sold me on this movie.

Goaty

HdE

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 30 November, 2012, 01:35:26 PM
The first thing I thought when clicking on the link was: "Ooh -- I've got both the fonts* used on that cover."

There's no hope for me, is there?

You do this too? We need a support group.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Alski

You should all watch the bonus scene at the end of The Wolverine...
"Cool Stuff You Will Like"

Music, Comics, Books, Video Games, TV and Film reviews/articles.

http://cool-stuff-you-will-like.blogspot.co.uk/

Goaty

Interesting face about timeline of X-Men: Days of Future Past, it takes place 10 years after the Last Stand, and in past it 10 years after the First Class.

Full scale Sentinel

Link Prime

Singer looks guilty in that pic- like he was caught trying to reach its ass for a feel.

JOE SOAP

They should've put Dinklage in there for a more awesome perspective.