Main Menu

You keep saying that word; I don't think it means what you think it means.

Started by Bat King, 28 March, 2013, 12:53:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Possibly my favourite film of all time. Just wonderful. The book is well worth a read as well, its quite superb.

Nice work.

stacey

Banners

Only twigged recently that Saul Berenson from the wonderful Homeland is played by Inigo Montoya (ie. Mandy Patinkin). That blew my tiny little mind.

James Stacey

stacey

Quote from: Banners on 28 March, 2013, 08:24:50 AM
Only twigged recently that Saul Berenson from the wonderful Homeland is played by Inigo Montoya (ie. Mandy Patinkin). That blew my tiny little mind.

I LOVE Mandy Patinkin he was also in Reaper, which I really enjoyed which I think only had 2 seasons before being cancelled.

Bat King

Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

shaolin_monkey

Yep, you should - the book is very funny!

I love this film also. It matures with repeat viewings.  It's great that the kids love it too, as it gives me the opportunity to watch it over and over.  One of my favourite bits is the appearance of the ROUS. We all have a good laugh when they show up!

DrRocka

I only watched it for the first time at Christmas, on Netflix with my six year old daughter. We both loved it. Couldn't believe I'd resisted all recommendations to watch it til then. Wonderful film.
Never ever bloody anything ever

von Boom

Hawkmumbler

Now, i've seen alot of obscure movies. Trancers, McBain, Creepozoids, The Deadly Spawn, Xtro, Demoni, Cannibal Holocaust. Yes, i've seen some golden turds and some lost gems...but dare I admit I have NEVER seen The Princess Bride? There, I said it. Guess I need to fix this...

Colin YNWA

Quote from: stacey on 28 March, 2013, 10:12:35 AM
Quote from: Banners on 28 March, 2013, 08:24:50 AM

I LOVE Mandy Patinkin he was also in Reaper, which I really enjoyed which I think only had 2 seasons before being cancelled.

He also does a nice turn in the adaptation of Paul Auster's 'Music of Chance'

Dandontdare

I keep, opening this thread, but it doesn't mean what I think it meant.

I've never seen PB and I'm rather surprised by the praise here - I think I got as far as "fairytale princess" and assumed that as I'm not an eight year old girl it wouldn't be for me. May be time to reconsider....

darnmarr

[Columbo impersonation] When you get older y'might not mind so much[/Columbo impersonation]
Also from the DVD extras I found out that Samuel Beckett used to drive Andre the Giant to school; this is the most amazing cultural fact I know.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: darnmarr on 28 March, 2013, 08:07:47 PM
Also from the DVD extras I found out that Samuel Beckett used to drive Andre the Giant to school; this is the most amazing cultural fact I know.

Isn't it just an astonishing fact.

As for favourite bits, while its chock full of fantastic lines (is it the most quotable film ever?) and characters, the duel on the top of the cliff between Indigo and 'The Dread Pirate Roberts' is the highlight. Greatest sword fight in cinema history.