Main Menu

What ever happened to Wolfe Smith - Memory Lane -

Started by alexgogan, 03 October, 2003, 01:49:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexgogan

This is one series I would love to see again. One of my favs from the spin of comics's in the olden days (just moving my Zimmer Frame aside).
Anyone remember it?

judge dreddd

twas a classic....POWER TO THE PEOPLE !!!
http://www.btinternet.com/~tv_timewarp/citizen_smith/DVD_Box_Set.jpg">

Quirkafleeg

Freedom for Tooting!

That Yeti!

Put it on the slate!

... solid gold

Queen Firey-Bou

fantastic !! i loved wolfe!, i wanted to be wolfe. & then he turned into a cynical dentist who hates his family. oh well.

i'd love to see wolfe smith again, but would probably have happy memories shattered.

The Enigmatic Dr X

I wouldn't MIND seeing him again (geddit, eh? See what I did there?)
Lock up your spoons!

Mudcrab

Hmm, yes, I don't think anyone else has though, unless they're being ironic.

Excellent strip, fantastic art by Redondo. Many scary beasts ala Return to Armageddon.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Mudcrab

Unless that's the French version of Wolfe`. He does have a beret after all.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Grant Goggans

I have never seen this series, but ever since I started reading about British television, I've wanted to.  Maybe that DVD set will be released in the USA one day.

--Grant

judge dreddd

their was an episode on channel 4 yonks ago..its dated badly...naff clothes,sets and amazingly bad editing... i suppose its not bad its just we are used to better stuff these days but its still classic stuff...true...mr revolution becomes poncy middle class dentist... 9am..outside bucks palace..revolution..yea..you bring the flask of tea ok !

alexgogan

Emmm I was talking about the AMAZING POWERS of Wolfe Smith that first appeard in Starblazer (I think) and when that ended and merged into 200AD (Along with Crisis another great mag). Art was amazing and the stories some of which have being given a lick of paint and appeared in JD strip.

Will have to go up into the attic and get them out again

Floyd-the-k

what was Wolfie Smith?  Can you explain for those of us who came in late?

Floyd Kermode

having a Phantom Morning

Link: http://www.kingfeatures.com/features/comics/phantom/about.htm" target="_blank">On the Skull of My Father

paulvonscott

Wolfie Smith was a psychic lad on the run, about 16, who first appeared in Tornado in 1979, which was merged into 2000AD.  The one I have is by Armstrong and Vano on Art.

Citizen Smith was a once popular but now dated sitcom, and the main characters nickname was Wolfie.  This series started in 1977, ended in 1980.

fred

"Citizen Smith was a once popular but now dated sitcom, and the main characters nickname was Wolfie. This series started in 1977, ended in 1980."

Of which I am constantly reminded everytime I watch Eastenders and see Alfie's Nan. Arrr, ain't she sweet?!

Did I just own up to watching Eastenders?

I'll get me coat.

fred

Thread Zero

I reckon he got eaten by that horde of rats that were following him at the end of his last story.

That'd teach the obnoxious Cockerney accented git...

Proudhuff

What happened to his speccy pal fi the pub, bet he was a comic book fan...
DDT did a job on me