Main Menu

2017 where the dust gathers....

Started by Proudhuff, 06 January, 2017, 11:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaolin_monkey

Krakajac - some pretty impressive shelves there!! You've inspired me to maybe put some more of my vintage Star Wars stuff out. My figures are largely consigned to my Darth Vader collector case.

Moly - sorry, I don't do commissions. I just don't have the time! Plus I only create when I feel inspired/get the urge. I've tried painting and suchlike to order in the past, and find it sucks the joy out of the creative process. I just love the time and freedom to make stuff on my own terms.

That said, I've posted some 'how to make' stuff up here and elsewhere - maybe you could have a go yourself?

I posted a few 'in progress' shots on Tumblr recently if that's any help:

http://scowlingmonkey-blog.tumblr.com/post/155499408637/the-making-of-cookie-the-psychotic-robot-chef

http://scowlingmonkey-blog.tumblr.com/post/155495148942/the-making-of-the-globular-rad-sleet-simulator

sheridan

Quote from: moly on 07 January, 2017, 02:13:33 PM
Some great stuff there love the sensitive Clegg, werewolf judge and monkey on his cloud, did you make them yourself

A few of the figures on those shelves have their own making-of threads on this very forum (if it hasn't been done yet, no doubt someone will post links soon enough).

moly

Cheers shaolin_monkey will have a look

Grugz

lovin that clegg, had a go sculpting a few years ago  (hellboy bust) but never seemed to get it right ,didn't know to use a wire frame or to pad the thing before putting the clay on....might give it another go when we finish our house sorting/cleaning
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Proudhuff

Anyone one else want to show off their geekdom?
DDT did a job on me

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Proudhuff on 23 March, 2017, 01:56:53 PM
Anyone one else want to show off their geekdom?
Well if the offer i've made on a house goes through without a hitch i'll probably be updating a lot as I erect my comichood (wahey!).

Watch this space!!!

Theblazeuk

Good luck Hawk! (you've made me realise once more I desperately need to move out of London and stop pissing away money on renting a 1-bed flat, if only so I can buy more beautiful comics).

Old Tankie

Unfortunately house buying in England rarely goes through without a hitch of some sort, but good luck with it.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 23 March, 2017, 02:22:35 PM
... as I erect my comichood (wahey!).

I'm not sure you should be saying that in public?

Proudhuff

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 23 March, 2017, 07:47:03 PM

But post photos anyway, what could possibly go(aty) wrong?
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

This isn't the way to do it is it?  :-[

Found my boys figure box in the loft recently
DDT did a job on me

Link Prime

Anyone who owns a 1990's Forge figure can't be 100% evil.

CrazyFoxMachine

That is a 90's trove  :o Had many of them myself - !

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 23 March, 2017, 07:47:03 PM

I'm banned from leaving Lancashire as it is (after that incident with that televangelist in Stoke)  so whats the worst that could happen?!