Main Menu

The Best of Tharg's Future Shocks

Started by Goaty, 19 November, 2008, 12:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Wonder if anyone got that book? as got it from shop... I enjoy reading it... some was bit weak, others was good!

ThryllSeekyr

I just got mine via the postal delaivery service.

It's slighty damaged and I will try and return it with the other books that are slightly damaged aswell.

Other that they are very promicing.

Grant Goggans

A quick note for American readers: this is due to appear in US shops on Wednesday.  No sign, however, of Kingdom.

Emperor

A review:

http://blog.newsarama.com/2008/12/03/re ... re-shocks/

It is a pity that:

It is on the blog - no love for 2000 AD in the main part of the site?

They don't actually say whether they think it is good or not - although it seems a positive review.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Art

He's also got the same snotty and dismissive tone re:Future Shocks that always annoys the shit out of me when I see it from you lot.

ThryllSeekyr

I like what was said on the blog or in the preface.

Something I briefly read.

Before I put the book back down.

Something about how a person's body goes through a complete chemical change every seven years.

Like, I have seen people change over time and would almost believe that.

Grant Goggans

Newsarama's main site hasn't been worth reading for years.  I just bookmark the blog.

satchmo

That reviewer sounds like a bit of a pillock. My favourite description of Future Shocks was Christopher Nolan when he called them little Twilight Zones. They were always an integral part of the prog and I'm pleased they still are. Pretty much anything that isn't Wagner Dredd gets labelled as filler sometimes and thats a shame.

Art

It's a neat collection, but I would have loved it if Candy and the Catchman was in there as well, that ones great.

ThryllSeekyr

I consider this one to be third in the series.

After Alan Moore's Future Shocks and Storming Heaven.

highjon

Can anyone tell me which cover is the original and which one the variant?
I have the one with the green Tharg.
Always loved Future shocks in the seventies....when I was a kid. Would look forward to those short stories, still do so with Twisted tales.
cheers
John

IndigoPrime

Quote from: "highjon"Can anyone tell me which cover is the original and which one the variant?
There is no variant cover. The green Tharg one is the only cover for the book. Any other covers seen online are temporary placeholders so that the book can be solicited for pre-order.