Main Menu

Who Kindlefies 2000ad pubs for amazon?

Started by auxlen, 28 July, 2017, 12:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

auxlen

I ask as I took the plunge and bought Case files 28 on Kindle to use the panel scan technology which works a treat with the few Marvel and DC titles I've purchased. but this was dreadful. it skipped panels, presented them in the wrong order, cut off text in some and there were whole pages that were not even processed?

by the third story in it was intolerable and had to get a refund.
I recently purchased Titan and there were a few panel skips in the whole book but nothing like the hot mess CF 28 was...

IndigoPrime

auxlen

auxlen

The Adventurer

It's my experience that Kindle versions of 2000 AD books are a hot mess. A few years ago I investigated the Kindle editions of the JD Casefiles and to my horror discovered that most of them were formatted with the comic art surrounded by a huge empty white border making the pages hard to read, and presented at lower then necessary resolution as a result. I don't know if that's been fixed at all, as it was a few years ago. But it was an absurd quality gaff that rendered most of the JD Casefiles line unreadable, and who knows how many other early release Kindle edition books were affected by this until it was apparently solved.

Now I personally don't use Guided View (Panel Scan), as I feel its not a proper comic reading experience. And I also make a point to always buy DRM-Free comics from 2000AD's eShop directly, since Amazon copies are locked to Amazon. I don't know what kind of tablet you're using to read comics. But if they're offering Guided View, it probably would be nice if it worked properly.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

IndigoPrime

I'd tend to see if you can refund the purchase and buy digital on 2000 AD's own site, so you can use the files in whatever reader you like. While no others offer de-factor panel scanning, Comic Zeal for iPhone/iPad has something vaguely similar, in terms of landscape auto-scrolling. I'm not sure if Chunky (iPad only) does too, but it has plenty of reading options. (Kindle files, of course, are rooted to the Kindle app. That's the reason I don't buy anything on that platform any more.)