Main Menu

Saints Row the Third

Started by bluemeanie, 14 June, 2012, 03:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluemeanie

Picked this up a week or so back when Steam had it on special offer for a tenner

Money WELL spent

If you dont know its kind of like Grand Theft Auto but way OTT. Its incredibly stupid, and violent, and fun.

Dialogue has made me laugh out loud more than a few times and all the missions involve crazy stunts and explosions. Really inventive... one mission has had me in a virtual reality world as a gun toting toilet, another taking out bad guys in free fall after jumping out of a plane, and it looks really nice on my pc too

Not one for people wanting subtle or deep. Recommended for any fans of open world games with a sense of humour to them.

Oh yeah... and any game where the in-game music plays me Adam and the Ants followed by Faith No More is gonna be onto a winner.

Professor Bear

Top game.  I hated the po-faced machismo of the first two Saints games with a passion, but the third is the closest in this generation of consoles that I've seen to my all-time fave, GTA San Andreas.  It's not quite as extensive an in-game world as SA, but it feels a lot more like that than the humorless and linear GTA4, and once you're done with the main story there's a crapload of side-missions to play around with even before you get to the DLC.  It's a big, fun playhouse and well worth checking out now that it's probably going for buttons second hand.

Keef Monkey

I loved this game, found myself laughing louder and more consistently than I can ever recall at a game! I got a little bored by the time I was working through the DLC (and I've still not played the last pack) but for the duration of the on-disc stuff I was very hooked. It starts you stupidly empowered and then just gives you cooler stuff as it goes on :)