Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreddzilla

So, have we gotten a close up of the new chin sculpt for the 1/12 Dredd figure yet?

TheTooN

Not seen anything from 3A since the 40th Dreddzilla. Last word from Gregory was that Apocalypse War Dredd would come when the schedule allowed or something like that. I hope we see some news or new figures at SDCC cos its been awful quiet lately.

Dreddzilla

So, how many people disliked the 1/12 Dredd chin? And why?  :lol: Personally I didn't have a problem with it. I thought it looked enough like Bolland's work that it didn't bother me.

SIP

I liked it fine and had no idea they were changing it.

But the entire face/helmet was not Bolland. The rest of the figure was, but not the head for some reason. Classic Bolland Dredd is the helmet from Judge Death Lives, Block Mania, all of the titan albums and Eagle reprint covers. It looked nothing like that.

Still, as I said, I was happy with it as it was.

dweezil2

Quote from: Dreddzilla on 10 July, 2017, 03:36:31 AM
So, how many people disliked the 1/12 Dredd chin? And why?  :lol: Personally I didn't have a problem with it. I thought it looked enough like Bolland's work that it didn't bother me.

I thought he had a bit of a gurn on, but the overall figure was excellent- the 1/6 sculpt is far better.
Are they resculpting the chin for Apocalypse Dredd, does anyone know?
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

TheTooN

I've never had any issues with the chin, its Dredd all day if not specifically Bolland Dredd. I dont remember where the talk of a new headsculpt came from, its been that long since it was first shown back in Feb as 'coming soon'. I've just held the original release up against the promo pic and I cant tell any difference other than AW Dredd looks like he has a five oclock shadow.

I dont know what to think with this line any more, Gregory isnt engaging for whatever reason. He did reply to my last comment on the 3A forum but didnt answer my questions. I was curious to know where the 1:12th shotgun went, was it coming with Apocalypse War set and if so would it still have the Stub Gun. Not official secrets or anything and something he used to be happy to talk about.

We were supposed to see 1 release per quarter in 1:12th to keep momentum going. Its been 18 months since Mortis was up for pre-order, no Judge Giant, No sign of Tharg, Ro-Jaws and Alpha on hold due to costing issues, no date for Apocalypse War Dredd set. No answers to questions.

If they were always like that I'd say fair enough but we used to have a reasonable dialogue which was part of the fun of collecting their figures. Maybe it was causing too much hassle and they decided to stop, maybe we upset them with comments, in my case the constant worrying :P

I want to see the line keep going strong for as long as 2000ad will have them (3A's position last time out). I hpe to be all kinds of wrong and see new pre-orders up soon but I'm not filled with confidence atm.

Dreddzilla

If the 1/12 ApocWar Dredd was an artistic rendering of Carlos's Dredd, a completely new sculpt and everything I wouldn't have any problems with a new chin sculpt, obviously.

But, since the figure is supposed to be the same as the first release just at an earlier period, the new chin kinda screwes with the consistency in my mind. :lol:

Still hoping we get a proper blue uniform variant at some point and not just a battle damaged ApocWar version.

ted5536

Quote from: TheTooN on 10 July, 2017, 10:47:41 AM
I've never had any issues with the chin, its Dredd all day if not specifically Bolland Dredd. I dont remember where the talk of a new headsculpt came from, its been that long since it was first shown back in Feb as 'coming soon'. I've just held the original release up against the promo pic and I cant tell any difference other than AW Dredd looks like he has a five oclock shadow.

I dont know what to think with this line any more, Gregory isnt engaging for whatever reason. He did reply to my last comment on the 3A forum but didnt answer my questions. I was curious to know where the 1:12th shotgun went, was it coming with Apocalypse War set and if so would it still have the Stub Gun. Not official secrets or anything and something he used to be happy to talk about.

We were supposed to see 1 release per quarter in 1:12th to keep momentum going. Its been 18 months since Mortis was up for pre-order, no Judge Giant, No sign of Tharg, Ro-Jaws and Alpha on hold due to costing issues, no date for Apocalypse War Dredd set. No answers to questions.

If they were always like that I'd say fair enough but we used to have a reasonable dialogue which was part of the fun of collecting their figures. Maybe it was causing too much hassle and they decided to stop, maybe we upset them with comments, in my case the constant worrying :P

I want to see the line keep going strong for as long as 2000ad will have them (3A's position last time out). I hpe to be all kinds of wrong and see new pre-orders up soon but I'm not filled with confidence atm.

I am guessing that the line is not going to be putting much out going forward. They will probably get to Fire and Anderson then it will probably die off. I assume the sales have just not been enough to keep it going at a reasonable pace as we have yet to see Anderson, or even Giant who would just be a simple change from the Dredd figures. They got a Johnny that is to expensive for them to make, and that is probably the second biggest series they can pull from. At this point I expect it to turn into Judge Dredd and friends line and not a full 2000 AD line sadly.

DKCX

Quote from: ted5536 on 10 July, 2017, 03:11:48 PM
Quote from: TheTooN on 10 July, 2017, 10:47:41 AM

I am guessing that the line is not going to be putting much out going forward. They will probably get to Fire and Anderson then it will probably die off. I assume the sales have just not been enough to keep it going at a reasonable pace as we have yet to see Anderson, or even Giant who would just be a simple change from the Dredd figures. They got a Johnny that is to expensive for them to make, and that is probably the second biggest series they can pull from. At this point I expect it to turn into Judge Dredd and friends line and not a full 2000 AD line sadly.
Where did you come across that detail regarding Johnny Alpha and potential expense of making him?? 3A Boards or speculation?

Dreddzilla

The 3A team said Johnny was going to cost over $100 to produce one figure.

Bolt-01

That may well be the case, but having seen the figure at the 40th, 'what a figure'!

SIP

I would pay the extra for it.

Surely they will have to release Alpha at some point now that all the sculpting and developing costs are sunk? Hope so.

Even if the line did sadly end after that at least we would have got decent Strontium Dog, my most wanted figure (though would pay a heavy premium to get Wulf too).

dweezil2

I really hope the line will be ongoing, I want my Stronts, Rogue, Mean Machine, Hershey, Anderson 1/12, etc, etc!
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

TheTooN

I've made assumptions in the past and been called out over it so I'll stick to being concerned about the silence. I hope we see some positive news soon as these figures are amazing.

ted5536

Quote from: SIP on 11 July, 2017, 01:25:16 PM
I would pay the extra for it.

Surely they will have to release Alpha at some point now that all the sculpting and developing costs are sunk? Hope so.

Even if the line did sadly end after that at least we would have got decent Strontium Dog, my most wanted figure (though would pay a heavy premium to get Wulf too).

I said same thing no problem paying more for Johnny, it would be a shame for all the work they already did to go to waste. They did say they are going to try to get the price down, hopefully the 1/6 Dredd sold well enough to get ourselves an Anderson figure. They do amazing work so hope they figure it all out and we get Johnny and a bunch of others.