Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonJohnson

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 10 December, 2018, 04:24:09 PM
FPI is the seller, and therefore should be the one you return it to, DonJohnson.

As for Hachette in general, I waited a week, sent a FB message, and have already had two replies today. I'm not emailing them again. Waste of time.

I got 2 x mail orders of 4 books and 6 books.

The box of 4 was well packaged, however a few dinged corners due to zero packing peanuts.

The box of 6 was OK packed but no packing peanuts to stop things moving around in the large box. Again more dinged up corners.

Thankfully I no longer have to deal with them since I've got a subscription with Forbidden Planet. Just a really bad taste in my mouth from both Hachette and Eaglemoss partworks for years of hassle and replacements.

IndigoPrime

Yeah, my boxes were... interesting. Two were crushed. One had a massive hole in it. I've just secured replacements for five books on Facebook. What a waste of money though. They could have just packaged the things properly in the first place. (I shudder to think how many replacements Hachette has sent me over the past few years.)

karlos

Forbidden Planet charge a bit more for p & p, but everything I get from them arrives damage free.

DonJohnson

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 10 December, 2018, 07:46:46 PM
Yeah, my boxes were... interesting. Two were crushed. One had a massive hole in it. I've just secured replacements for five books on Facebook. What a waste of money though. They could have just packaged the things properly in the first place. (I shudder to think how many replacements Hachette has sent me over the past few years.)

What was the damage to the books?

IndigoPrime

Some dinged corners and partially crushed spines. There's basically a tipping point of what I will and won't accept, and in this case I was even more annoyed given the amount of money I spent (about £150) and the appalling state of how things were sent.

I guess I can now look forward to my replacements also being sent in a massive box with no protection...

Rara Avis

Just wanted to let you know that I messaged them on facebook on Sun, received a reply on Monday and my replacements are in the post.

Facebook is the way to go Karlos ...

Thanks Indigo for your help.

Jade Falcon

Still no sign of my replacement War in the Streets from Dredd.  From what has been said here I don't hold out hopes that the replacement will be any better and frankly I think text that is near unreadable is unacceptable.  I know you can get the idea of what is being said, but that's not the point, personally I think Hachette should issue a replacement volume with different content if its not possible to get better source material.  There's no shortage of desirable Dredd, Black Atlantic for example.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Jade Falcon

And I got my replacement I . The dozy postman left it on the doorstep, thank god my neighbour is honest.

Same text problems exactly in the replacement. Given the wealth of unreleased Dress, this is inexcusable. There should be something like a Black Atlantic book or similar if they can't be bothered to get decent reproduction.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

IndigoPrime

I suspect this is repro then, rather than printing. (By contrast, Total War had a printing issue. I ended up with three copies, which were bad in different ways...)

Qwertyburger

I'm not 100% but I think the stories had similar repro issues in the Complete Case files. I don't have my copies to hand so can't tell at this point. I'm pretty sure the repro on Black Atlantic was pretty bad in the case files too. It's the problem when the stuff from those days is reproduced, things are missing and they do the best job they can.

Jade Falcon

In my mind artwork having issues can be bad enough depending on the severity but the text is even worse.

moogie101

Just had Issues 35 Nikolai Dante Vol. 4 & 36 Ace Trucking Vol. 2 delivered.

Good news is it came packaged in the smaller sleeves rather than the oversized box which seems to have caused damage with several people's last delivery.

IndigoPrime

Looks like they're back to the standard sleeves (versus the awful old ones, and those massive boxes). Entertainingly, one of my books is still corner-bashed, but I think I'll just put up with this one.

The Monarch

I assume dantes the rest of tsar wars? curious whats in ace trucking or whats not in it

Tomwe

Quote from: The Monarch on 18 December, 2018, 04:11:51 PM
I assume dantes the rest of tsar wars? curious whats in ace trucking or whats not in it
up to and including 'the croakside trip'. Matt says in is intro he took the 'executive decision' to stop there.