Main Menu

Judge Dredd: Mega-City One - TV show announced!

Started by Jim_Campbell, 10 May, 2017, 05:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SIP

sheridan

Quote from: SIP on 15 May, 2017, 11:07:11 AM
Sorry man! It'll all move on shortly and we can get back to debating chain link count 😊

7.  No more, no less ;)

CalHab

I, for one, will boycott the programme and picket Rebellion if the wrong number of links is used. I haven't decided what that number is but, be sure, it will be the definitive number.

TordelBack

Quote from: CalHab on 15 May, 2017, 02:14:53 PM
I, for one, will boycott the programme and picket Rebellion if the wrong number of links is used. I haven't decided what that number is but, be sure, it will be the definitive number.

Simply put,  the correct number of links is the one that the chain has in the comic. How could you go wrong?

dweezil2

Quote from: TordelBack on 15 May, 2017, 02:19:57 PM
Quote from: CalHab on 15 May, 2017, 02:14:53 PM

Simply put,  the correct number of links is the one that the chain has in the comic. How could you go wrong?

What if there is no chain???!!!!!  :o
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

James Stacey

JOE SOAP

Quote from: dweezil2 on 15 May, 2017, 04:09:16 PMWhat if there is no chain???!!!!!  :o

Then it's Judge Harvey and the Mechanismos.

dweezil2

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 15 May, 2017, 04:14:00 PM
Quote from: dweezil2 on 15 May, 2017, 04:09:16 PMWhat if there is no chain???!!!!!  :o

Then it's Judge Harvey and the Mechanismos.

There's a band name there!!!!!  :)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Pete Wells

Quote from: sheridan on 13 May, 2017, 01:47:55 PM

Thanks Steve - just waiting for the pwls bot to tell us how active he could get in the rubber chicken jimp suit...

Sorry guys, just catching up on the thread. I can tell you that the Poundshop version allowed enough movement so as not to impede pasty consumption, however, not enough movement to fight off a rampant Katy Perry.

There was lots of room around the groin area which is, unfortunately, the story of my life.

Pete Wells

Sorry for double posting but I just want to pop my very excited thoughts into the ring. It certainly does look like we're getting The Pit/Graveyard Shift which sounds jolly fabulous to me! It also sounds like we're getting a mix of story styles, which is ace and something that works so well with the character/city. What I wanted (and assumed we were getting) from the 2012 trilogy was our lovely tight action film, followed by a Mad Max style road movie in the Cursed Earth followed by all out horror in a Necropolis-style third part. Really showcasing the versatility of Dredd's world. Hopefully, we'll see these genre bending approaches to the series.

As it's an ensemble piece, I hoping (and sure it will be) written well enough that we absolutely care for the cast and lose some along the way. Judging is a dangerous business and it'd be great if there was the 'no one is safe' mentality that you got from Walking Dead when it was good.

Then, of course, elements from the comic I hope that make it are: Total War (mess with the sympathies of the viewer), the Hunter's Club (to terrify the viewer,) Chopper, PJ Maybe's murdrous rise to the top (right under Dredd's nose of course,) Mechanismo, Dark Judges (eventually,) Mean Machine and tension between street judges and SJS (I miss that!) There's lots more which I'll annoying populate this thread with over the next two loooong years. Also, I really, really hope it's Easter Egg heavy. It was great spotting all the snippets of Dredd-lore in the 2012 movie, I hope we get to do this weekly! I want to jump on this forum every time an episode airs and frantically, enthusiastically compare notes with my fellow squaxx!

Finally, here's hoping that Hot Toys or Sideshow pick up a licence to do high end toys. My heart will burst the day I have a 1/6 Dredd on a 1/6 Lawmaster!

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 15 May, 2017, 07:56:16 AM
Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 15 May, 2017, 07:24:11 AM
Apart from an issue here and there I haven't bought it regularly since the 70s.

And yet, here you are, spaffing on about the 'right' way to do Dredd. You're quite the authority.

I see so anybody who puts forward their point of view is 'spaffing' their authority?   I don't have to have read every issue to know quite a bit about Dredd.   I bought the comic right from the first issue in the 70s up until about the end of 79/80 and bought issues off an on from that.   

Maybe you think you're an authority on Dredd seeing as you don't seem to like other points of view?   

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 15 May, 2017, 10:00:58 PM
I bought the comic right from the first issue in the 70s up until about the end of 79/80 and bought issues off an on from that.

Gosh! You bought the comic regularly for the first 2-3 years (during Dredd's formative phase, forty years ago) and then couldn't be bothered after that? You're just the sort of 'fan' every publisher needs!

QuoteMaybe you think you're an authority on Dredd seeing as you don't seem to like other points of view?

I haven't offered any opinion on what approach the TV series should take, so I'm clearly not setting myself up as an authority. I'm pointing out that the early years of Dredd were very much a work in progress, with a lot of shit thrown at the wall that didn't stick. The idea that you get to tell anyone what Dredd should or shouldn't be in this context is laughable.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Goaty

I see so anybody who puts forward their point of view is 'spaffing' their authority?   I don't have to have read every issue to know quite a bit about Dredd.   I bought the comic right from the first issue in the 70s up until about the end of 79/80 and bought issues off an on from that.   

Maybe you think you're an authority on Dredd seeing as you don't seem to like other points of view?

Wow... okay you the expert, how the Dredd series would be better?

TordelBack

Woo-hoo, at least two years of this to go!

No two writers or artists portray Dredd the same way: there is no undisputed definitive Dredd to bring to the small screen.

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 15 May, 2017, 10:14:04 PM
I bought the comic right from the first issue in the 70s up until about the end of 79/80 and bought issues off an on from that.

Gosh! You bought the comic regularly for the first 2-3 years (during Dredd's formative phase, forty years ago) and then couldn't be bothered after that? You're just the sort of 'fan' every publisher needs!

QuoteMaybe you think you're an authority on Dredd seeing as you don't seem to like other points of view?

I haven't offered any opinion on what approach the TV series should take, so I'm clearly not setting myself up as an authority. I'm pointing out that the early years of Dredd were very much a work in progress, with a lot of shit thrown at the wall that didn't stick. The idea that you get to tell anyone what Dredd should or shouldn't be in this context is laughable.

I've bought some just not on a regular weekly or monthly basis like I did in the 70s but I don't need to justify what I buy to you or anyone else.   

And whose saying I get to tell anyone what Dredd should or shouldn't be?   Ever heard of something called an opinion?