Main Menu

animation rights?

Started by Ad1969, 11 March, 2004, 04:18:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ad1969

Hiya,
I'm new to this board. But this looks like the best place to ask this question:
I want to make an animation on "Comic Rock (Terror tube and Killer Watt)" from Nemisis the Warlock book 1. Who would be the one to ask for permissions to use the story and characters? If all goes well it would be cool to see the series on TV.
I have been a long fan of Nemisis since the early years. Hehe I am not that old.

Thanx

Ad

Woolly

At a guess, i'd say Rebellion own the animation rights, along with all the other rights.

Maybe you could contact them through the site?
Have a look on the main 'contacts' page.

And welcome to the board! We are warm!

Ad1969

Wow quick reply thanx!

I have asked 2000AD 2 weeks ago without any reply. So I asked this message board. But i'll try to contact Rebellion a different way.

Thanx

Ad

DavidXBrunt

You might want to be carefull though...Pat's notorioously protective of his material.

Ad1969

so I've heard that's why I want to make this as painless as possible. hehe... I can understand this, i wouldn't want anyone else taking my art without asking.

Shakara

What kinda animation is it?

Dudley

Can you get in touch with Mills through Rebellion?  Surely he'd be happy if the script was the exact original, not changing a word?

Shakara

oh that old Mills, he should be on the board, rantin' and ravin' about suchlike and soforth. It would be funny....in a way

Dudley

Shakara -

You're not Pat Mills yerself, are you?  After the recent demonstration of self-parody (as uncovered by the lovely Tiplodocus), I'm suspicious of remarks like yours...

Shakara

Me? Pat Mills? Don't be silly. Although, I could be without knowing it. Yeah...there could be veteran writers all over the board, cleverly hidden as people...

Shakara

CraveNoir

It seems there are two versions of Terror Tube.

The one that you can read http://www.2000adonline.com/?zone=thrill&page=thrillviewer&choice=terrortube">here on this site is exactly the same as the one published in Prog 167.

Kevin O'Neil re-drew several panels and added new ones for the version reprinted in Eagle Comics' Nemesis the Warlock. I haven't investigated beyond this initial story, but since O'Neil coloured the reprints himself and did all-new cover art for this 7-issue series he may have made further revisions along the way.

Ad1969

sorry i wasn't here earlier... covered in work. But 2 version of terror tube? hmm will have to check it out.
Yes I will be keeping all the scripts original I think the 2 episodes of rock comic in the Nemisis the warlock in book one, from what i have infront of me terror tube and killer watt,don't need any variations. If something works then why fix it? Kevin O'neil is one of my inspirations.
I'll be trying to get in touch with Pat Mills.

CraveNoir

If something works then why fix it
O'Neil revised Torquemada's appearnace to be some panels