Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gothmog

Game creator/programmer Mike Singleton whose credtis include two of my all time favorites Lords of Midnight and Midwinter.
His creations certainly helped mold me into the geek I am today. I spent many  a happy hour just blissfully skiing across the landscape and crashing hang gliders in Midwinter.

vzzbux

Lords of Midnight and Doomdarks Revenge were a must for any speccy owner.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Daveycandlish

Character actor John Clive died after a short illness at the age of 79

Never a star but always memorable in things like Clockwork Orange and The Italian Job
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Zarjazzer

Sad to hear about John Clive and the Lords of Midnight creator Mike Singleton. I used to play Lords with my dear departed Pa on out trusty spectrum.  :(

The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Spikes

Quote from: Daveycandlish on 16 October, 2012, 08:28:22 PM
Character actor John Clive died after a short illness at the age of 79

Yes, sad to hear that John Clive has died. One of my earliest Telly faves was watching Roberts Robots.

Albion

Quote from: Judge Jack on 16 October, 2012, 11:32:32 PM
Yes, sad to hear that John Clive has died. One of my earliest Telly faves was watching Roberts Robots.

I can just remember watching that as a kid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSAI7IUuaGg

I think the fourth robot along in the clip is Christopher Biggins.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Mudcrab

Silvia Kristel, better known as Emmanuelle.

Only 60!
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

COMMANDO FORCES

I am shocked, only 60!

Sad news, as it's bringing our mortality ever closer when you see some of the ages in this thread

Dandontdare

shame, that woman did more for the sale of wicker furtniture than anyone before or since...

Goaty

Russell Means, 72, actor and American Indian Movement activist, the real star of The Last of the Mohicans.

TordelBack

Quote from: Goaty on 23 October, 2012, 01:54:21 PM
Russell Means, 72, actor and American Indian Movement activist, the real star of The Last of the Mohicans

Aye, the titular star in fact, as he also was in Our Karl's Pathfinder. As a huge fan of LotM I always kept an eye out for him, sorry to see this.

Goaty

Thank you for subtitles...

CrazyFoxMachine

What was the name of the Ceefax comic - ?

Dark Jimbo

Turner the Worm? I loved that strip.  :D
@jamesfeistdraws

Pete Wells

Wow, I'd forgotten all about that! I adored the Ceefax Advent Calendar too, RIP indeed!