Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strangelysaucy

Quote from: Bat King on 08 February, 2015, 01:43:26 PM
Entitlement is one of the worst aspects of Fandom...

I think there are legs in an article about Fan Entitlement issues.

I think there's probably a 50,000 page paper by now! some really odd people out there who go mental if they can't have what they 'deserve' from a franchise/company/artist etc...
There's also the phenomenon of the some fans becoming experts on how to run a business and commerce that quite tickles me.

Oh and I'm loving every aspect of these gorgeous books so far!
props, scribbles and fiddle-aboutery - https://www.facebook.com/Strangelysaucy

hippynumber1

I won't be subscribing to this but would like to cherry pick the odd volume from time to time. Any ideas if Hatchette (sp?) will be giving people this option? If not, any ideas where I might be able to pick up the odd copy?

Spikes

If I understand correctly, then Hatchette will be offering a certain number of each issue (for a limited period, it seems) to be bought direct from their site.

And aren't Forbidden Planet selling this collection? If so, then their site, and shops should have copies for the cherry pickers amongst us.

And eBay, of course peeps on there are hoping to make a wee profit - http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Comics-/63/i.html?_from=R40&LH_ItemCondition=3&_nkw=dredd+mega+collection

Dark Jimbo

Aye, all Hachette's partworks eventually have back issues available via their shop (but certain books will sell ot faster than others).
@jamesfeistdraws

Magnetica

Now I can't speak for Hachette or anything so can in no way guarantee this will always happen, but my experience was...I just phoned the number from the website, said I just wanted the first two issues, the person  I spoke to checked they had them in stock and I ordered them. And they turned up last week no problem.

I was very happy with that and plan to do it that way again.

ZenArcade

Mechanismo with MacNeill and Doherty was a joy to behold. Z :D
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Tiplodocus

I succumbed when I saw it was a measly 6.99.

I may even subscribe just to get 3 and 4. And then probably forget to cancel my subscription. I wonder if Mrs Tips would notice...
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

BPP

All those people shouting they are going to cancel their subscriptions.... meh, doubt they ever had a subscription in the first place.

It's a lot easier to shout about something online than it is do actually do something (like take out a subscription in the first place or cancel it in anger)

If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Professor Cardigan on 08 February, 2015, 02:08:41 PM
Mmmm.  Ive thrown in my lot with two kickstarters: the Mongoose Dredd miniatures one, which has been dribbling miniature goodness through my letterbox every couple of months for two years now (most recently: a brace of Assassinators and judges with a Stub Gun and a Lazooka!), and the second Reaper Bones outing, which by my count is now 5 months beyond its target date and I haven't got so much as a used sprue so far.  The online whining is deafening.  But I love it.

Pfffft. I waited nearly 5 years for the fruit of one favoured kickstarter to arrive at my doorstep.

Mattofthespurs

Had the dreaded red card of disappointed from the postman whilst I was doing my morning ablutions

Luckily I'm one of the first that he delivers to and has to walk back past my house so I caught him  :)

Got the takeaway mug on Saturday and so I go issue 2 and 3 today as well as the Dredd badge.

Books look beautiful (and no dinged corners which is a bonus) and the Dredd badge is lovely and shiny.

Looking forward to reading these later today  :D

Mattofthespurs

In my enthusiasm I spoke too soon.

The clasp on the badge is completely mangled and is about to snap off. I have no way of using this at all  :(

I have emailed the CS department at Hachette and hope they can provide me with a replacement.

Mike Carroll

Yay! Got my mug thingy! No sign of the badge or the next two books yet, but the box in which the mug came was marked "This is Parcel #1 of 2" so I guess they're on the way.

-- Mike

Skullmo

There is a chip in my mug .  .  . life is literally over  :'(
It's a joke. I was joking.

James Stacey

My copies of 2 and 3 arrived but no freebies. Off to facebook to vent my anger about some stuff I don't really need not arriving when I want. That's the way it works, right ?

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Skullmo on 09 February, 2015, 10:41:56 AM
There is a chip in my mug .  .  . life is literally over  :'(

Just put some salad cream on it I'm sure it will taste fine...

...oh right, I see...

...Sorry.