Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glassstanley

The Bolland pages of Father Earth are very poorly reproduced, especially the one with the droids commenting on the election. Letraset dot patterns have been printed as solid blacks, losing all of the robot design. Would be worth Rebellion rescanning the Titan collection for their archive to prevent this happening in future. There's no real reason for such poor reproduction of those episodes.

IronGraham

The cover for the heavy mob collection who is this by? I think it's Cliff Robinson but feel I am dead wrong
We're werewolves not swearwolves

Steve Green

IronGraham

We're werewolves not swearwolves

Geoff

Been away for work and have returned home to find 2 books of Dredd stories I don't think I've ever read! (Excluding Father Earth of course). A first for me and the mega collection.

Just finished the first Mandroid story - dark and disturbing but brilliant.

Tjm86

Quote from: glassstanley on 17 April, 2015, 07:01:50 PM
The Bolland pages of Father Earth are very poorly reproduced, especially the one with the droids commenting on the election. Letraset dot patterns have been printed as solid blacks, losing all of the robot design. Would be worth Rebellion rescanning the Titan collection for their archive to prevent this happening in future. There's no real reason for such poor reproduction of those episodes.

I thought exactly the same.  This is the old Titan from 1983(left) vs Machete (right).  Considering that this is probably the highlight of a particularly poor volume this is a particular disappointment.  There were similar, though not quite so extreme, issues with the Apocalypse War volume in places (the Dillon pages in particular).

robert_ellis

My god I thought the use of black was extreme. Doesn't bode well for judge death

Pete Wells

Quote from: Tjm86 on 18 April, 2015, 09:31:56 AM
This is the old Titan from 1983(left) vs Machete (right).

Ha ha! Real Freudian slip there!

glassstanley

Have just checked Case Files 3 and Father Earth is the same in there. Judge Death is fine, though, which suggests that it will be OK for the Mega Collection. Still a shame that it's Bolland's work that's affected.

glassstanley

On a more positive note, the Heavy Mob is probably my favourite of the releases so far! Nice to see some of these lesser strips in print again. Finally made the effort to read Wynter carefully and I now wish we'd seen more of the character. An interesting contrast to Cursed Earth Coburn.

Looking forward to reading the comments when Vol 68 is released - Sleeze 'n' Ryder!

Fungus

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: glassstanley on 18 April, 2015, 11:58:06 AM
On a more positive note, the Heavy Mob is probably my favourite of the releases so far! Nice to see some of these lesser strips in print again.

I really enjoyed it too.

Pah! On these naysayers.

Judge Nutmeg

an odd mix but i still enjoyed it , David Milgate's art was great, can anyone reccomend any plastic covers as my copies keep getting grubby.

glassstanley

Apestrife

Figures there'll be one 1 (probably 10) or so books that won't be to one's liking. Especially with the Millar and Morrison "Dredd" stuff coming up.

Any ideas what books 9-10 will be?