Main Menu

A question - should I rekindle my 2000ad obsession?!

Started by hendersong, 04 May, 2009, 10:40:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hendersong

Hi

I used to be addicted - between 1993-1998 or so - first story I remember was Babe Race 2000 (sad I know). I've been picking up some collections i.e. Origins that I've missed out on and it's got me interested in Dredd again. Will I be disappointed if I start to read all over again? I've still got tons of the old ones in my parents' attic and don't want to ruin the fond memories I have of Mambo, Bradley and the like.

Anyway, nice to be here!

The Legendary Shark

Welcome back to the fold.

You'll love it as much as you used to - probably even more.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Bouwel

-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Trout

It's much better nowadays than it was back then!

Have a glance at a prog soon.

- Trout

James Stacey

QuoteA question - should I rekindle my 2000ad obsession?!
Yes
and hello
but mainly .. yes

Kerrin

Yes you should, and quickly too. You're not well you know, 99.85% of people suffer from a chronic debilitating lack of thrillpower and you should take immediate action to remedy the situation. It's probably not too late, but speed is of the essence. Good luck.

Welcome to the board. You really will find that a dose of thrillpower does you a world of good.

Colin YNWA

Yes because it will make you're world a better place and very possibly save all the small children happy and free... something like that but defo yes.

TordelBack

Yes.  You seem to have been reading exclusively in the period when I lost heart, so if you liked it back then you'll be stunned by how good it is now!

Also, Thrillpower is 36% more effective than Tamiflu.  And a darn sight cheaper.

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

I, Cosh

Also, if you have kids it'll help you explain the difficult questions like: "What's zombies?"
We never really die.

Emperor

Quote from: "GeckoDroog"Will I be disappointed if I start to read all over again?

No.

Get yourself to a comic shop, buy Prog 2009 (which is designed to be a good jumping on point) and then scoop up the others. Then when you get home pop a Valium, then get a pillow and your belt - wrap the pillow round your head and use the belt to hold it in place. This should mean that if your head does explode from Thrill Overdose it'll make less of a mess and other people will not be injured by skull shrapnel.

You should then be in the zone and can keep getting the weekly and start picking up some of those fat trade paperbacks to fill in some of what you'll soon have to refer to as your Wilderness Years.

Then when you finally meet Tharg you can give him a big wet kiss (I hear he loves these) as a thank you for keeping the faith all these years, ready for your return.

Easy peasy really.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

pablo0151

Speaking of older issues, I just had a gander at Clickwheel.net and there's a a decent ammount of older stuff on there...could a fine way to re-whet your appetite?

The Enigmatic Dr X

You shouldn't have let is burn out in the first place.
Lock up your spoons!

DavidXBrunt

Spotted it in Asda today, if it's in nationwide it'll be easy to get hold of.