Main Menu

Ant Wars II? What the?

Started by Grant Goggans, 18 April, 2006, 05:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grant Goggans

Okay, so I just finished up reading a lot of Eagle & Tigers I got in from an eBay dealer.  It includes # 223-225.  The first two of these reprint what looks like episodes 7 & 8 of Ant Wars, art by Azipiri.  (I don't have Extreme Edition #4 right now - lost it in last year's flood and haven't replaced it so I can't check.)

In Eagle # 225, well, I don't recognize this episode, but I could be wrong... the Brazilian navy bombs Rio and kills all the ants and our heroes are last seen recovering in hospitals and are told "the ant wars are over!"  But the surviving giant ants go back into the jungle with a bunch of eggs.  The last captions read "And from the eggs the young will hatch, and they will grow into deadly killers!"  And "Next week: Ant Wars - II!"

Could anyone check their prog 79 or EE4 and tell me whether that's how the printed episode 9 ends?  And did Eagle & Tiger really commission an Ant Wars Book 2, or was that just their cute way of building up to the next six episodes of the series?

the3rdman

The last panel of part 9 in EE4 has "the ant wars over?" then "next prog: carry on nurse!"

DavidXBrunt

I think it's just the last six episodes. The real Ant Wars II was, of course, published in the Meg last years.

The Amstor Computer

Yup, IIRC the Eagle reprinted the Ant Wars series from 2K (along with stuff like MACH 1 and MACH Zero). I think that your assessment - a cute way of leading into the next chunk of the series - is correct, but I'd have to check my issues to be absolutely sure.

Grant Goggans

Wow, I had no idea any of that was reprinted.  I need to land some more of these old comics.