Main Menu

Looking to buy Original 2000AD artwork

Started by stalinuk, 28 January, 2014, 10:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stalinuk

Hi Guys,

I have been a long time fan of 2000AD and completed my collection some time ago.

As I have grown older, I still feel the urge to continue collecting and like to purchase original art from time to time on eBay.

Having just bought a new house, I am looking for a few excellent 'display pieces' to be proud of. The kind that don't really come up for sale often.

I came across this section just too late it seems to have bought the 'Horned God' work that was put up here a while ago, which is a real shame. However if anyone has original Sláine artwork by Bisley, I would be very interested.

Please feel free to PM me with anything you feel I may be interested in. I just bought this cover

And would gladly consider anything else that might compliment it.

Best regards,

Jake

Call-Me-Kenneth

Hi Jake,

If you're serious about getting Bisley Slaine pages (which you seem to be, in fairness), I'll put you in the right direction (I have 4 with a possible 5th on the way).

But I warn you, they can get pretty pricey.

PM me if you like and tell me which pages in particular you have in mind.

Cheers,

Ken

stalinuk

Hi Ken,

Indeed I am serious, in fact I imagine I will have 1-2 pieces by the end of next week.

However as I mention above, I am particularly interested in some outstanding pages or covers. The ones I have come across in collections so far, the owners have (understandably) been reluctant to sell.

The search continues though! That's what makes it fun.

Best regards,

Jake

Call-Me-Kenneth

If you have  a couple on the way that's fantastic!

I'm looking forward to seeing what you get.

Let us know how it goes..

Ps: If you need help tracking down particular pieces, get in touch and I'll help you if I can (I know one or two that might be for sale).

stalinuk

Cheers Ken!

I certainly will do.

In regards to these 'certain pieces', I am certainly interested in hearing more about 2000ad covers, Slaine (especially Bisley), Dark Judges & Anderson and any really outstanding work.

Feel free to let me know about anything you think I might be interested in. I pay well ;)

Best regards,

Jake

ZenArcade

Hi guys, like Stalinuk, I've completed my prog collection and am keen to obtain original artwork. I'm interested.in Simon Harrison's work on Strontium Dog from the late 80's. Any advice/steers? Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Link Prime

Quote from: ZenArcade on 31 January, 2014, 12:17:41 AM
Hi guys, like Stalinuk, I've completed my prog collection and am keen to obtain original artwork. I'm interested.in Simon Harrison's work on Strontium Dog from the late 80's. Any advice/steers? Z

Drop a PM to Dale Jackson (aka boarder Fatboydale).

ZenArcade

Top man Link Prime. I'll check that out post haste. I'm a serious fan of Simon Harrison. He'd dropped off my radar for years it was great to see the article on him in a recent Meg. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Link Prime

No bother.
I'm a huge fan of Harrison's work too, and have come very close to purchasing a Revere page from Dale myself (but man, they're expensive!)

Hopefully he'll be able to fix you up.

Hey Dale- do I get a finders fee???  :D

Fatboydale

rnmirza

I have the following for sale

Alex RonaldI have 2 pieces of artwork by Alex Ronald. The B&W original, then the same page that was coloured with text bubble overlay on acetate sheet. Its from Vector 13 : Case Thirteen: Sands of Death Prog 1074. They look quite good side by side as you see how a page of a comic is built up.

Colin MacneilTwo Signed B&W Splash pages from Colin Macniel from Missionary Man : The Promised Land prog 1180-2.

If I knew how to post images I would advertise these for sale on this forum. If you are interested let me know how to post the images or I can just email them to you.
Contact me at rnmirza@aol.com

stalinuk

I would be interested in seeing the Vector 13 one - can you send me a picture via pm or post one here.