Main Menu

First episode of Dredd TV series

Started by Tarantino, 23 July, 2017, 09:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarantino

Quote from: Smith on 29 July, 2017, 06:21:51 AM
Belive me,there are plenty of tropes people dont like.

OMG, that's such a trope 😜

Fungus

Quote from: Tarantino on 28 July, 2017, 06:20:46 AM
What's a trope?

[A] trope: one of many terms that feel like fingernails down the blackboard of my brain when people use it!
See also 'narrative' and many, many more!

And.... relax.

Fungus

Sometime may have suggested it, but for episode 1 you'd get good mileage out of the League of Fatties. Otto Sump too, as mentioned.

This feels like those letter page suggestions where readers say what guest star should appear next, even though the next few months' issues are done and sometimes the creative team have moved on - by time of printing. Didn't a video/podcast with the producer say the first season was written/drafted/planned and they were planning seasons 2,3, etc. ?  :)

JLC

DJs is a terrible idea.

I would go with a couple of Rookie Judges on the streets being assessed by a senior Judge, possibly Dredd. it would be a good introduction as we see MC1 through their eyes as well as establishing Dredd as an iconic Judge & introducing the concept of Judges to the audience.

Tarantino

Quote from: JLC on 29 July, 2017, 09:20:45 PM
DJs is a terrible idea.

I would go with a couple of Rookie Judges on the streets being assessed by a senior Judge, possibly Dredd. it would be a good introduction as we see MC1 through their eyes as well as establishing Dredd as an iconic Judge & introducing the concept of Judges to the audience.

Rookie Judge being assessed by Dredd? Hasn't that already been done somewhere? I don't know, it seems to ring a bell 😜

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JLC

Quote from: Tarantino on 30 July, 2017, 08:07:49 AM
Quote from: JLC on 29 July, 2017, 09:20:45 PM
DJs is a terrible idea.

Rookie Judge being assessed by Dredd? Hasn't that already been done somewhere? I don't know, it seems to ring a bell 😜
True! But these would be completely new Judges not ones existing in the comic etc. They would become the lead characters of the show. & of course it wouldn't be confined to a single block. Maybe an opening 2 parter?

Richard

JLC

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JLC

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: JLC on 30 July, 2017, 10:32:39 PM
Stop trying to cause trouble again.

You're clearly lying. I'm not going to explain why I think that.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

sheridan

QuoteTrue! But these would be completely new Judges not ones existing in the comic etc. They would become the lead characters of the show. & of course it wouldn't be confined to a single block. Maybe an opening 2 parter?
This suggests to me that JLC has definitely seen the film, as two of the sentences point out how it would not be the same as the film:

• new judges not existing in the comic
  • wouldn't be confined to a single block

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JLC

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 30 July, 2017, 10:46:47 PM
Quote from: JLC on 30 July, 2017, 10:32:39 PM
Stop trying to cause trouble again.

You're clearly lying. I'm not going to explain why I think that.
I never asked you to...but thanks for letting me know, I guess?

PS - please try to stay on topic instead of attempting to make sarcastic comments based on your issues with my response in another thread. I won't engage with you further on this matter. Good luck in all your future endeavours.