Main Menu

Current TV Boxset Addiction

Started by radiator, 20 November, 2012, 02:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

yeah, just saw that this has been added to Prime - its on my (too long) watchlist. It really went off the boil in later seasons, but I can't wait to rewatch the early ones (ah, Chiana *sigh*)

Tiplodocus

So farewell to FLEABAG. Not seen it? I suggest you inge both series in two nights straight. Awesomely written and acted, funny, brilliantly observed and more than a little heart breaking.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

CalHab

Sabrina is back for another series. For a cheesy and often poorly acted series, it still seems to be remarkably entertaining.

Trooper McFad

For those that like the Zombie genre I've just finished "Black Summer" on Netflix and it was pretty good and frustrating at the same time (everyone in the world should know how to kill a Zombie/undead even at the start of the apocalypse!!) Would watch a 2nd series if they get the go ahead.
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Tiplodocus

End of Season 2 of THE AMERICANS has a genius reveal for the central mystery which turns relationships on their head and ups the stakes for next season. A fantastic bit of writing in a great series.

radiator

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 16 April, 2019, 11:46:41 PM
End of Season 2 of THE AMERICANS has a genius reveal for the central mystery which turns relationships on their head and ups the stakes for next season. A fantastic bit of writing in a great series.

I know exactly what you mean, and yep.....

radiator

For anyone curious about (or actively watching) The Americans, this short video essay gives a really good overview of the series and what makes it so compelling.

It's mildly spoilery regarding the general premise and themes of the show, but doesn't go into any particular plot specifics. I personally don't think it would spoil much if anything about the experience of watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgF8S7eTjxE

Dandontdare

I've been working my way through Seinfeld on Amazon - got an e-mail saying licence runs out on 30th April so binged the final 6 episodes last night, even though the last 2 were after midnight. Oddly seasons 4 & 5 are still available (the best IMO) but the rest have now gone.

Who would have thought you could craft 180 funny shows out of such irredeemably horrible, shallow and selfish characters? I would tell you all I know about spongeworthy antidentites, Festivus, Jimmy-legs, toe-thumbs and urban sombreros, yada yada yada, but I can't, it's in the vault.

Tiplodocus

Yet somehow, I like them a 1000 times more than the similar characters in Always Sunny. Which I just can't watch.

George has to be one of the best and most believable comedy characters ever created.

Dandontdare

I know what you mean - I watched the first half a dozen of those and it didn't grab me - yet it's a hit show, so what do we know?

radiator

I watched about two seasons of Always Sunny years back, and I liked it, but after that many episodes I just thought 'Ok, I get it'.

Hawkmumbler

Keeping the Takara super mech train running by devouring King of Braves GaoGaiGar. It's a hell of a lot of fun and really does feel like the finale to the entire saga, concluding arcs from previous Brave series and upping the stakes. It's also brilliantly animated. Such fun.

Keef Monkey

We've been slowly rewatching through Seinfeld too and are on Season 4, it's been great to just stick an episode on when we've got a spare 20mins. Still reliably brilliant, the other night we got to The Contest, which is such a fantastically written sitcom episode.

Theblazeuk

Watched the second series of the Tick. So much fun. When Lady Justice calls your name, will you send her to the answer machine? Or will you hit the green phone icon of destiny, and spring two fisted on to the path of heroism!?

Love the opening credits, love the supporting stars, love every bit of this almost as much as I love the Tick cartoon.

Dandontdare

Is that the Peter Serafinowitz one? Cool, enjoyed the first series. Did you know that there was another live action Tick series which you can find on Amazon Prime? Very different take, but it has it's charms.