Main Menu

...NEW 'LIFE ON MARS' TONIGHT. 9pm BBC 1...

Started by ARRISARRIS, 13 February, 2007, 06:31:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARRISARRIS

...your nicked!!!...

...so what is the twist at the end of the series going to be? all the magazines and papers keep going on about the coma thing and hes dreaming 1973, but isnt that far too obvious? i think something very weird is going to be revealed in the last episode, my money is on him being in a coma for the last 30years...

Steve Green

For those that like double bills and have digital, BBC Four is showing the next episode straight afterwards.

- Steve

paulvonscott

"For those that like double bills and have digital, BBC Four is showing the next episode straight afterwards."

Woo-hoo!  Thanks for the heads up!

Buttonman

Phillip Glasiter was on Steve Wright yesterday (John Sim called off as his wife has had a baby) and says this is definitely the last series as they hate travelling to Bolton to film it and something about flogging a dead horse.

No mention of 'Ashes to ashes' as the posse were too busy talking about Spangles. He did say they has an archive Curly Wurly out for him to stir his coffeee with and it was twice the size of today's tiddlers.

I enjoyed the last series although it did look like a one off that got popular, prompting a last minute rewrite to avaoid things being resolved.

SamuelAWilkinson

an archive Curly Wurly

The BBC historical confectionary vault must be a strange and startling place...
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Lobo Baggins

He did say they has an archive Curly Wurly out for him to stir his coffeee with and it was twice the size of today's tiddlers.

Huh!  I always did say that they were loads better when I was a lad...

Chocolate hasn't been the same since Nestle took over Cadbury's.  I can't eat KitKats anymore, either - they're much too sickly sweet these days.

And don't talk to me about parking!  I can barely get out of the house sometimes there's so many cars parked in the road outside.  And I don't even have a car!  People used to park properly in garages when I was a lad.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Life on Mars.  Although it probably isn't as good as it used to be...
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

ARRISARRIS

...so about 6 people will watch episode two early because its on BBC 4, gotta love the BBC for flogging a dead horse dont you???...

paulvonscott

"...so about 6 people will watch episode two early because its on BBC 4, gotta love the BBC for flogging a dead horse dont you???..."

It's become a common trick for stations with a digital counterpart.  It gets people into looking at the digital station.  And as far as Life on Mars goes, the horse is neither dead, nor entirely flogged.

"I enjoyed the last series although it did look like a one off that got popular, prompting a last minute rewrite to avaoid things being resolved."

Unfair I think.  It's quite common to have different endings to a show in case it's a hit.  And the show's producers have made the fankly admirable decision not to coninue it beyond series 2, when in truth it could be flogged for a good few more series before people are sick of it.

"Chocolate hasn't been the same since Nestle took over Cadbury's.

That would be Rowntrees, as in Nestle Rowntrees.

Trout

thinky

then you're wrong, you vile individual...

peanuts are the devil.

thinky
you think this isn't me? that's so sweet...
//http://www.adverseCamber.co.uk

thinky

life on mars however, is like one of those dark-chocolate covered marzipan bars that i find irresistible and - despite putting considerable efforts into it - can never get tired off

thinky
you think this isn't me? that's so sweet...
//http://www.adverseCamber.co.uk

VisibleMan

The Radio Times has a big spoilery hint from either Simm or Glennister as to what the ending is, although that may be decoy bollocks.  But if it's true it's a good thing as either of the obvious options (he's in a coma or he's in the past, with a strange overlay) are particularly exciting resolutions, on paper anyway.  Didn't Matthew Graham say it would get stranger as it went along?

Richmond Clements

That was a bit fucking good, wasn't it?

paulvonscott

I enjoyed it, but I think it was also a bit heavy so I'm going to try and save the one I've taped from beeb4 till tomorrow.

IndigoPrime

I thought so. Part of me is glad that it's finishing, because this has a potential to be a Fawlty Towers or Spaced (two cracking series that never had the chance to go bad), but part of me wishes it'd do a Lost and keep us guessing for at least another couple of series, such is the strength of the show. Seeing as they originally said there'd be three series, I wonder how much of the winding-up is down to the US rights being sold off?