Main Menu

Happy Paddy's Day

Started by JayzusB.Christ, 17 March, 2019, 11:53:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Have a good one. Me, I'll be avoiding the Mad Max hellscape of Dublin city centre but planning to enjoy the festivities one way or the other.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

Enjoy the craic - but don't get too fluthered while you're acting the maggot!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

:lol:

Didn't even know 'acting the maggot' was only an Irish term!
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

Full disclosure - I got it specially from an Irish slang website in order to appear hip.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

I feel very unhip right now, having completely gone back on what I said, gone into town and got pissed

maryanddavid

Indeed, Hope all celebrating had a great day. I did!

Link Prime

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 18 March, 2019, 12:03:29 AM
I feel very unhip right now, having completely gone back on what I said, gone into town and got pissed

Haha!

With a complete Volte Face I was up at the crack of dawn yesterday morning for a walk around Glendalough with the missus, followed by a 10/10 breakfast in The Wicklow Heather.
Home by lunchtime and didn't touch a drop of hooch all evening. This being in your 40's lark is shocking stuff.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Link Prime on 18 March, 2019, 10:03:08 AM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 18 March, 2019, 12:03:29 AM

Haha!

With a complete Volte Face I was up at the crack of dawn yesterday morning for a walk around Glendalough with the missus, followed by a 10/10 breakfast in The Wicklow Heather.
Home by lunchtime and didn't touch a drop of hooch all evening. This being in your 40's lark is shocking stuff.
Sounds splendid.  Exactly the kind of thing I really should be doing, also being in my 40s. My mental age has a lot of catching up to do though

von Boom

Ugh. Did anyone else feel like this the next day?

wedgeski

I inadvertantly celebrated Paddy's Day by watching Patriot Games.  :-\

I, Cosh

I went to "Flanagan's Irish Pub" for the quiz night and it was bloody cancelled.
We never really die.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: von Boom on 18 March, 2019, 10:59:24 PM
Ugh. Did anyone else feel like this the next day?

A thousand times yes. I even screamed as I woke up