Main Menu

Another WoW Video on Google Video

Started by critter, 18 May, 2006, 10:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

critter

DavidXBrunt

Not checked the link but that song is from my favourite current Broadway musical, opening here in the Summer. Avenue Q is a tale of puppets and people living together with such great songs as 'If you were GAy (I'd like you anyway)', 'Everyones a little bit racist' and the showstopping ballad sung by an Asian American woman 'The more you Ruv someone'.

Quirkafleeg

I nearly fell out of my chair when I first heard that... just for this one line:

"And Gary you sell all your possessions on ebay!"

SamuelAWilkinson

I wouldn't have thought it was that funny unless you were aware that the Gary in question is Gary Coleman.

But, yes. Everyone should go see Avenue Q when it opens at the Noel Coward theatre on June 1.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

DavidXBrunt

Yep, it is funny in the context Gary mentions, I found it just as funny at the time...and said so at length.

Max Kon

well i think Quirkafleeg nearly fell out of his chair because his name is Gary, and he sells all his possessions on ebay!

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Woolly

http://www.filmfodder.com/mt-weblog/archives/2005_gary_coleman.jpg">

DavidXBrunt

To quote his introductory song from Avenue Q  (check out the link) -

"I'm Gary Coleman, from T.V.'s Diff'rent Strokes,
I made a lot of money that got stolen by my folks,
Now I'm broke and I'm the butt of everyone's jokes,
But I'm here, The Superintendent, on Avenue Q!"

Gary sings the lead part on 'You can be as loud as you want when you're making love" and duets with a puppet on 'Schadenfreude' ("The world needs people like you and me who've been knocked around by fate/'Cause when people see us they don't want to be and that makes them feel great"). My favourite line of his comes from The Money Song -

Princeton - "Give us your money, you'll be glad that you did!"
Gary - "That's just what my parents told me, when I was a kid".

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P8jqFJRa7M&search=avenue%20q" target="_blank">It sucks to be me.

DavidXBrunt

Oh, and Gary Coleman has been dropped from the U.K. version 'cause they didn't think people would know who he was. Shame as by all accounts the real Gary was interested.

Quirkafleeg

Floyd-the-k

BMB

Grab your dick and double click......

I'll be back a little later, I have some ...errands.....