Main Menu

Spines

Started by Fleetos, 12 October, 2011, 04:42:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Quote from: Mister Pops on 28 December, 2014, 11:40:01 PM
So two of my sisters got me the first two volumes of Batman '66.

Volume 1 is Softback.

Volume 2 is Hardback.

I fully understand if the Mods want to ban me for posting these pictures.

I'm a monster.

How did your sisters cope with your disowning them?

sheridan

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 09 August, 2017, 02:42:24 PM
I do believe there was a general thread for DVD's and such but, eh, here's some new IKEA shelves with the first of my lovelies out of storage...rest to follow as well as COMICS!!!!

Is that a paint-it-yourself dalek?

TordelBack

Quote from: JBC on 31 October, 2019, 03:22:23 AM
Well, I promised I would post some pics of my Case Files here when they arrived but it's taken me a few days to even find the time - and I'm on vacation! :-\ FedEx beat the box all to hell but luckily they were packed well within. You can see my vol. 9 sustained a nic on the spine but I don't really mind. The layout of my shelves seems to alleviate some of the problems with uniformity and just so happens to leave one space open for vol 34 when it arrives next month. I'm really enjoying these, especially the thicker, lighter older volumes. Give me newsprint over glossy any day.

Rainbowtastic! But where will you put your America and Dead Man collections?  ;)

Dandontdare

That is one solid block of thrill-power!

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

JBC

Quote from: TordelBack on 31 October, 2019, 09:49:49 AMRainbowtastic! But where will you put your America and Dead Man collections?  ;)
I guess I'll move that Ultraman stuff up top and lay them flat until I start running out of space. Gotta make room for Fall Of Deadworld 1 & 2 soon as well!

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: sheridan on 31 October, 2019, 08:22:03 AM

Nope! An ooooold pull back and noise Imperial Dalek I got at the (now closed?) Doctor Who shop in Liverpool docks. I remember it fondly.

Funny looking at how anemic my home video collection was back then, it's tripled in size since, as has the comics and books, yet still no proper display. 2020 will be the year that changes.

Proudhuff

Similar with me Hawkie, I've currently  only one bookcase in the house, while under both beds are crammed with boxes of books and GNs. The rest of the house has piles of books and GN randomly scattered around.

I had planned to build a entire wall of bookcases, but  it looks like it might have to been IKEA instead, but 2020 will be the year I sort that all out...
DDT did a job on me

Dandontdare

Quote from: JBC on 31 October, 2019, 12:54:53 PM
I guess I'll move that Ultraman stuff up top and lay them flat until I start running out of space.

I know that feeling - I bought shelving a few years back to house my collection, but subsequent purchases mean that every shelf now has horizontal books laid on the top of other rows.

I need more room!

sheridan

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 31 October, 2019, 01:17:15 PM
Quote from: sheridan on 31 October, 2019, 08:22:03 AM

Nope! An ooooold pull back and noise Imperial Dalek I got at the (now closed?) Doctor Who shop in Liverpool docks. I remember it fondly.

Had no idea there is/was a Doctor Who shop in Liverpool - I live pretty close to the one in London (which definitely is still open - in fact I went past it today).

moly

Quote from: Dandontdare on 31 October, 2019, 08:57:40 PM
Quote from: JBC on 31 October, 2019, 12:54:53 PM
I guess I'll move that Ultraman stuff up top and lay them flat until I start running out of space.

I know that feeling - I bought shelving a few years back to house my collection, but subsequent purchases mean that every shelf now has horizontal books laid on the top of other rows.

I need more room!

I started off with a bookcase in the living room, then a big bookcase in the bedroom then a book case in the spare room, the better half has finally put her foot down

IndigoPrime

Mrs IP put her foot down on a three grand quote for bespoke bookcases in our TV room. IKEA may beckon.

Hawkmumbler

They have a bad rep, but a billy bookcase will never let you down. I've been buying a bunch of stuff from their Fjallbo (never met 'er) range. Cheap and cheerful for a firs time home owner*.

*Well about 75% eventually....

IndigoPrime

We currently have four Billy cases, but they don't fit the space well. Ivar is looking a likely option.

TordelBack

It's relatively easy to cut down a Billy to fit an awkward space. I took 150mm off the middle one in a row of 5 to make them fit a full wall in our living room. You just chop all the cross-boards and shelves, cut the backing card and re-drill the fixing holes in the cross boards. Shelves just need two nicks taken out to seat the supports.