Main Menu

The 2000 AD Messageboard Advent Calendar COMMENTS Thread 2019!

Started by Pete Wells, 30 November, 2019, 10:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Funt Solo

Hey, Colin: I didn't know you were an art talent. Great job rendering a kid Torque.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Funt Solo on 15 December, 2019, 05:02:17 PM
Hey, Colin: I didn't know you were an art talent. Great job rendering a kid Torque.

Gosh that's very kind but I'm no more than a doodler. Especially when compared to many on these parts.

I've been waiting to do this one since I started doing these Calvin and Hobbes mash-ups. But was waiting until I'd run out of X-Mas ones I could rip off!

Eamonn Clarke

The Christmas Charity raffle results are in, and are covered in the video, unfortunatly the video didn't record properly for the draw but hopefully you trust me ( and my wife!)

https://youtu.be/XI1HzusMP34

1st prize the 2000AD notebook and pen go to Damian and Helena Edwardson
2nd the Carlos portrait goes to Craig Dawson
3rd the signed Turbo Jones goes to Sheridan and Rachael
4th the John Higggins prints go to Kevin Symonds
And 5th the Dredd pin goes to star of stage and screen, Jamie Beamish

We raised £362 with the raffle bringing the grand total to a stonking £9791.44
Getiing very close to the £10k target I set myself for this project.

Thanks all for all the donations and shares, and congratulations to the winners. I'll be in touch.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 15 December, 2019, 05:42:25 PM
Quote from: Funt Solo on 15 December, 2019, 05:02:17 PM

Gosh that's very kind but I'm no more than a doodler. Especially when compared to many on these parts.

I've been waiting to do this one since I started doing these Calvin and Hobbes mash-ups. But was waiting until I'd run out of X-Mas ones I could rip off!

I love your Calvin & Hobbes / prog mashups.  You've absolutely nailed Watterson's style again.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

von Boom

Colin that was brilliant! Even though I dribbled tea on my trousers laughing it was worth it.

SuperSurfer

Great stuff everyone.

I will be along later with mine. Been under the weather over the last few days with a very bad cold so had to abandon my main piece and go for something simpler.

In the meantime if anyone has something ready and wants to double up for today, fine by me.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Darren Stephens

https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

SuperSurfer

Thanks Darren. I should've added 'after Buscema' as my effort was based on this image from 1974. No doubt the text in my post didn't make much sense to some.

I'm was (still am) a fan of these old giant Marvel treasury editions especially the Xmas themed ones.

This was my second less involved piece. Had to put my main one on the back burner. I'm kind of running out of ideas for these advent calendars as I've been submitting at least one a year since the first one.

Would have liked to have tightened up the inks on mine but at 5am it was time to upload.

von Boom

Great day for the calendar. I can't seem to see the crossword though and I'm keen to do it.

ming

Quote from: von Boom on 17 December, 2019, 02:34:13 PM
Great day for the calendar. I can't seem to see the crossword though and I'm keen to do it.

There's a link in the post above the one with Dredd-inna-Santa-hat image, which I love.

:)

von Boom

Quote from: ming on 17 December, 2019, 02:59:40 PM
Quote from: von Boom on 17 December, 2019, 02:34:13 PM

There's a link in the post above the one with Dredd-inna-Santa-hat image, which I love.

:)
Cheers.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 17 December, 2019, 02:00:54 PM
Thanks Darren. I should've added 'after Buscema' as my effort was based on this image from 1974. No doubt the text in my post didn't make much sense to some.

I'm was (still am) a fan of these old giant Marvel treasury editions especially the Xmas themed ones.

This was my second less involved piece. Had to put my main one on the back burner. I'm kind of running out of ideas for these advent calendars as I've been submitting at least one a year since the first one.

Would have liked to have tightened up the inks on mine but at 5am it was time to upload.

While I didn't get the reference - never really been one for the superhero comics - I absolutely love your version.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"