Main Menu

The Commissions Thread

Started by hippynumber1, 13 July, 2013, 10:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

Which was it that made you LOL?

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 04 August, 2013, 02:59:37 AM
Been looking at their artist blog and what's this?

Looks like Rupert Giles the Watcher from Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Ahem. Obviously no one's willing to spoil the magic for you, but that's Leigh Gallagher himself. From this very moving blog entry where he proposed to his partner Niki. By all accounts a pretty smashing manoeuvre. Although, agreeably Anthony Stewart Head could also be called the most handsome man in his own field.

Context is key!

ThryllSeekyr

Skullmo

That looks nothing like Liam Gallagher!
It's a joke. I was joking.

Spikes

And thanks to Mark, once again, i now have the prelim's for my John Cooper commission.
(John had meant to include these in the package, but had forgotten - but was able to pass them onto Mark, who was kind enough to then post them to me - Cheers, Mark!).

Now i just love seeing these prelims/design roughs. A great little sneaky peek into the whole process. These have now gone up on my CAF gallery, as additional images. But ill post a couple of them on here...

Sideshow Bob

Great stuff, Judge Jack,
Like you,  I'm absolutely fascinated by how these great artists work, and love to see how the 'prelim' sketches turn into such awesomeness !!... :D
Thanks for posting...
More Please !!
Cheers...
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

chiefy2shoes

Some absolutely cracking stuff on display in this thread. I'd like to add my latest addition. It is a joint birthday present from the girlfriend and my folks. None of them actually know what I was getting and I'm not sure they'll appreciate the subject matter but I love it! As you can tell, it's by the amazing Cliff Robinson. What a gent and what a talent. Feast your peepers.

Sideshow Bob

Wow !!!...... :o

That is one hell of a commission Chiefy.....
And I absolutely love the subject matter and how it has been drawn......Amazing stuff !!...
Well done !
Cheers

Oh, and Happy ( belated ) Birthday !
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Colin YNWA

Great stuff. Dare we ask is the dismembered head anyone in particular!

chiefy2shoes

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 19 August, 2013, 06:15:53 AM
Great stuff. Dare we ask is the dismembered head anyone in particular!

Nah, just some random punk who got unlucky. Thinking about it now it would have been cool to have the head of a well known character on the floor like Johnny Alpha or Dante!

gronk guy

BRILLIANT. Cliff Robinson is amazing.

Pete Wells

Skullmo

Lovely stuff! Cliff does amazing commisisons
It's a joke. I was joking.

Spikes

And he's King of the prelims - which is always nice. But the finished article is just lovely - congrats!

Spikes

And speaking of Mr Robinson and his wonderful prelims - ive just noticed that this interesting Dr Who/Judge Dredd mash-up got posted up today.
Hopefully the finished piece will be following soon..