Main Menu

The Commissions Thread

Started by hippynumber1, 13 July, 2013, 10:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

inkymonkey

Gruddammit!  I worked with Brendan on Fury Road for a couple of years, never thought to ask him whether he'd do something like that for me... how bloody stupid am I??

It's a lovely piece.  You lucky sod blackmocco!

blackmocco

First off, any info you can leak to me via PM in regards to Fury Road would be greatly appreciated! Haha!

Secondly, Brendan asked me whether I wanted Mel or Tom and Humungus or Immortan Joe but we both decided nothing beats MM2 so that's where it went. In saying that, I'd have loved to see what he did with the Fury Road version.

Thirdly, if you got to work with the man himself Inky, I would counter that YOU are the lucky sod...!!!
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

inkymonkey

No leaky bits I'm afraid!  Other than the word on the streets is that it's "the best thing that George Miller has ever done".  If it's as good as MM2, I'll be very happy - if it's better, then it's going to have to be pure cinematic genius...  Fingers crossed!

But in terms of working with Brendan, yes, very lucky indeed.  And instructive.  And humbling!  Not many minds around like his.

blackmocco

"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Simon Beigh

I now have a deep longing to watch Mad Max 2, but my VHS copy decayed years ago.

Better hit Amazon!

(Oh - and smashing commish BTW)

Graff Vynda K

chiefy2shoes

I bow in awe at that piece. Truly amazing. I picked up some pieces at the London Super Con.

Nice Klegg piece from Chris Weston

A fun Brother Voodoo from Dean Beattie

Great water colours on Waverider by Dave Stokes

If you've never read The Fez by Roger Langridge, shame on you. Anyway, here are some of his rogues gallery.

hippynumber1

The Klegg is the wasp's elbows! Superb!  :lol:

Albion

Imagine if Johnny Alpha did a time job back to the American Civil War and met up with El Mestizo, another classic Carlos Ezquerra character from Battle. That's a story I'd like to see.

This commission came about after talking to my friend Sefton Disney on Facebook. He's a fan of El Mestizo and because of him I recently read it for the first time and really enjoyed it.  I told him that I was thinking of getting a Johnny Alpha commission from Carlos and this wonderful picture was born from that.

Huge thanks to Carlos for doing this. I love it.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Skullmo

A wonderful piece. Carlos' commissions always blow me away! And a great idea for a team up - I would love to see that story.
It's a joke. I was joking.

Hawkmumbler

Anything to do with the upcoming Grennie/ Carlos story, El Maldito?

Albion

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 08 April, 2014, 11:46:48 AM

No. Pure coincidence on my part. The El Madito ad in the Prog appeared after I commissioned this.

Hawkmumbler

Heh. I was thinking more along the lines of a homage to the original strip. Which, btw the way, looks rad. Would so love to read it but without a reprint in sight the chances are slim.

Albion

I did ask Carlos if the two characters were related, he said.....
"Originally was based on him, but no, only the shape."

Copyright for El Mestizo remains with Fleetway so the character can't be used anyway.

Spikes

I was curious as well, after seeing that 'Thrills of the Future' piece in Prog 1874

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 08 April, 2014, 11:46:48 AM

Kinda a cross between El Mestizo, and the IKAN from Stronty, but getting back to your commission, Albion - Lovely stuff indeed. King Carlos hasn't disappointed with any of these.
Mmmm, I should ask about getting another....