Main Menu

The Commissions Thread

Started by hippynumber1, 13 July, 2013, 10:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

inkymonkey

Ah... Carlos goodness.  All sorts of awesomeness right there.  Beautiful...

Hawkmumbler

I wonder, how much do you guys pay per commision? I would love one myself but I would need ampenny to my name first! :lol:

amines2058

I have also wondered how much these commissions cost as there are a few in my mind that I would love to get done, especially as it is my big 40 this year = cool gift for me!
My ultimate would be a bisley but I imagine these are beyond the realms of the normal man.  :o

Link Prime

Quote from: amines2058 on 09 April, 2014, 12:49:53 PM
My ultimate would be a bisley but I imagine these are beyond the realms of the normal man.  :o

I've seen Biz 'commission slots' advertised on Ebay for 150 Euro (half body, inked), and I believe our very own Hippynumber1 got one a few months back.

Hawkmumbler

I'd commission a Flint, Super Squirrel, or Gallagher for a start.

amines2058

Quote from: Link Prime on 09 April, 2014, 01:04:04 PM
Quote from: amines2058 on 09 April, 2014, 12:49:53 PM

I've seen Biz 'commission slots' advertised on Ebay for 150 Euro (half body, inked), and I believe our very own Hippynumber1 got one a few months back.

That is a lot less than I expected! :o Hmm interesting!!!

hippynumber1

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 09 April, 2014, 12:04:01 PM
I wonder, how much do you guys pay per commision? I would love one myself but I would need ampenny to my name first! :lol:

It varies wildly between artist as to what you get and how much it costs! The best bet is simply to find someone who has a commission by an artist you like and ask them or, if possible, get in touch with the artist directly...

James Stacey

Also if you choose a subject that inspires the artist you will probably get more bang for your buck.

Hawkmumbler

Heh. Just emailed Leigh Gallagher concerning a potential commission. Hope it  goes through, he's one of the best talents in the Prog at the moment and a really nice chap to boot.

Spikes

Good luck with that Hawkmonger - Leigh is indeed a star turn. A commission from him will be aces.
And don't forget King Carlos - who's on fire with his commission work.

For those wondering about prices, a good few of the droids have blogs, and the prices are listed for commissions, and a good few more are on Facebook - so sign up to Dale's 2000AD art page, if you haven't already, a good few are signed up to that.

I would have been posting a new commission up here myself today, but I missed the post,  :(  Ah well, tomorrow then,  :P

Spikes

Ulysses and Charlie by Michael

hippynumber1

The more I see it, the more I think "Fuck me, that's good!" Nice one Iain!

Link Prime

Simon Beigh

Super commish there, Iain. Top drawer...

Spikes

My quest to get a commission by every artist involved in the Day of Chaos epic moves on a notch..

Yevgeny and Nadia by Ben.

100% Stunned when I saw this for the first time yesterday. The Willsher 'droid certainly worked his, considerable, magic on this.
Very happy, indeed.