Main Menu

FIRST LAWMASTER PIC FROM DREDD!

Started by Michaelvk, 21 January, 2011, 03:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spaceghost

It looks pretty good. From this angle it's to get a full impression. If I had to make a criticism it would be that the handlebars are a bit weedy and toy like. I was hoping we'd get the big over-arching ones from the comic.

Still looks cool though and the Judges uniform is fantastic!
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

dracula1

Quote from: IndigoPrime;577458That's all looks horrible—which is great. What I mean is that this Mega City One is more 'nightmare' than neon-nightmare. Maybe things will change in post, but it's coming across like a shithole of a city that's on the brink, where Judges just about keep things in line.

Increasingly, this also doesn't look Nolan faux-realism to me—it's brutal 1980s-style sci-fi' realism. It's Mad Max and Alien, not Batman Begins. Again, maybe post will change things, but I'm liking the no-nonsense take on the comic so far and its slightly ramshackle nature.
Looks awesome, very Electra Glide in Blue. Says badass biker cop all the way. Shame ar' Michael didn't have a hand in the reveal though!!!

radiator

QuoteIncreasingly, this also doesn't look Nolan faux-realism to me—it's brutal 1980s-style sci-fi' realism. It's Mad Max and Alien, not Batman Begins.

That's interesting - Michael has referenced the likes of Predator and Robocop, so I think overall the movie could be - at least in some ways, a bit of a throwback to eighties action sci-fi - which would be a winner for me!

[spoiler]In fact there's a bit in the script that I interpreted as an homage to Robocop - an early scene where Dredd 'harmlessly' shoots through a civilian in order to clip a fleeing fugitive. And bearing in mind that Robocop is heavily inspired by Dredd, it's kind of like an homage to an homage of the original Dredd comics.[/spoiler]

Beeks

Very interesting take on the lawmaster...looks great but where the fuck are the handlebars?! Or is it just the angle?
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

blackmocco

Need to see a better angle. The whole front sculpt looks way too over the top but it may serve some function we can't see here. Agree the handlebars look a little wimpy but I fucking love this.

Definitely agree that this is a far different Mega City One than what we're used to. This place looks like the Judges have already lost...!
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Danbo

Looks awful and a nightmare to ride.Like the green pads though. So far i love half of what im seeing and hate the other half.
Swings and roundabouts.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Not what I expected at all, but I really like that.

Michaelvk

You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Mudcrab

It's weird, but it's growing on me. Nice guns  :D

Is there a knife in that boot? I can't tell  ;)
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

bluemeanie

AAAAAAAARGGHH!!!

Nah, not what I was expecting but hell, I remember my first sight of the tumbler thinking "THATS the batmobile??"
Hell, the batpod from the 2nd bat movie looked pretty naff in stills and was badass in the film.
Really hoping these leaked pics make the studio think "Maybe we should release some nicely lit, professionally posed pics of this stuff"

Not loving it from this pic, but not hating it either. Consider my appetite whetted

John Caliber

That's the most ugly bike I've ever seen - and it looks so cheap... reminds me of Adam West Batman's Bat-Bike with the black/red bulletproof screen.
Author of CITY OF DREDD and WORLDS OF DREDD. https://www.facebook.com/groups/300109720054510/

Danbo

I miss the handle bars and the exhaust. They gave the bike an iconic look thats missing from that. Plywood fairing on a late 90's GSXR springs to mind http://www.spcomposite.com/html/pic/suzuki-gsxr-750-srad-96-99.jpg

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Beeks

I must admit I was hoping for a more retro chopper/easy rider type look
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Steve Green

First impressions are a sense of disappointment and missed opportunity.

I particularly don't like the front, it just dominates despite being fairly featureless apart from the Nike swoosh, which itself seems really out of place compared to everything else we've seen.

I don't mind the back so much, and I think it would have been better if the front had matched that in a stripped-down brutal look.

It just doesn't look designed, more like a concept artist frantically trying to get their pen to work.

Nice guns though.

- Steve

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 21 January, 2011, 04:38:40 PM
That's all looks horrible—which is great. What I mean is that this Mega City One is more 'nightmare' than neon-nightmare. Maybe things will change in post, but it's coming across like a shithole of a city that's on the brink, where Judges just about keep things in line.

Increasingly, this also doesn't look Nolan faux-realism to me—it's brutal 1980s-style sci-fi' realism. It's Mad Max and Alien, not Batman Begins. Again, maybe post will change things, but I'm liking the no-nonsense take on the comic so far and its slightly ramshackle nature.

Couldnt have put it better myself. Theres a certain rawness about the neccessity and practicality of that bike which bodes well with me. Not only that but the Judge uniform Im happy with also as Indigo says "coming across like a shithole of a city that's on the brink" and its that punchy factor which appears all so readily here.
Never rub another mans rhubarb