Main Menu

New from Hibernia, 'Fantastic Adventures'

Started by maryanddavid, 17 June, 2020, 10:23:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maryanddavid

maryanddavid

Thanks for all the orders, all will be in the post today, so it should be in your hands this week!
Love to hear what you think of it.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: maryanddavid on 22 June, 2020, 11:26:34 AM
Thanks for all the orders, all will be in the post today, so it should be in your hands this week!
Love to hear what you think of it.

Cool - very excited about this one. Its looking great and very interesting.

ming

maryanddavid

Copies should be dropping through letterboxes, hoping everyone is enjoying it!
Fantastic response, at the min there is less than half the print left, Cheers!

Link Prime

Quote from: maryanddavid on 25 June, 2020, 10:06:17 AM
Copies should be dropping through letterboxes, hoping everyone is enjoying it!

Dropped yesterday David, but I only had a chance for a cursory skim so far.
Looks great - really well put together.

CalHab

That was a great read, thanks.

There's many highlights (including an Alan Moore script) but I had a chuckle at the GFD interview. He doesn't waste words!

Dandontdare

I got mine today - only had a flick through so far, but oh my word there's some great looking stuff in here - Dredd, Revolver, The Notorious GFD and even the 121/2p Buytonic Boy! Can't wait to dive in.

The Amstor Computer

Good to hear copies are arriving safely! Already at work on design ideas for the next release, which as I think David said will be a very different beast  :)

maryanddavid

Great to hear feedback coming in! The GFD interview and the Revolver piece in particular seems to be going down well.

Colin YNWA

Mine has landed and while I've not read it yet it looks glorious and the grounf covered seems fantastic.

Thanks Maryanddavid

maryanddavid

Delighted to be of service Colin! Hope you enjoy, Richard has really surpassed himself with the design on this one!

Colin YNWA

Finally finished this. Its in lovely chunks and so I've been dipping in a bit at a time to savour it. Alas now all done.

So many things I'd never know about a real must for folks with any interest in UK comic history.

Dare I ask what you have planned next David?

maryanddavid

Delighted you enjoyed it Colin!
Next up, later in the year will be a comic collection featuring cover to cover Massimo! I have enough material for probably another two Comic Archive, but they are pretty time consuming so probably next year.
Any particular highlights Colin?
A couple of reviews have popped up,

https://comicscene.org/2020/07/04/comicscene-review-fantastic-adventures/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

https://downthetubes.net/?p=119167

Colin YNWA

There's so much as it really adds to my understanding of comics that never happened which I kinda, sorta knew about. The real highlights are when you've had the space / permission to reproduce the unseen (by me at least) art at full size, so the John Cooper / John Richardson stuff from Scream. It would have been amazing to see the Steve Yeowell and John Burns (etc) art reproduced at this size, but fully understand that this wasn't possible.

Thye absolute highlight though is the background on Zarjaz and the original abandoned Judge Dredd comic. To see all the information I've seen dotted around in various places pulled together was a delight.